Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 problem

Hi everyone.

I have a TM L96, and basically, when I cock it, it doesnt fire. As far as I can tell, its cocking ok, but it just isnt firing.

Im guessing one of the sears has gone in the trigger block...I just dont know which one...piston or trigger sear?

Re: L96 problem

Check the sears. Any chance you could show us some photos of the sears?
    Originally posted by psirus101
    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Blimey I could give it a go :P. Bit nervous about dissasembling the trigger block, but I suppose I have nothing to lose.

Are there any small springs or anything that could pop out when opening the trigger block? Just asking so I know

Comment

The whole trigger block is under a bit of tenson so all the parts tend to jump a little when dismantled.
        Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Ok mate cheers. Wil give it a go tonight.

Comment

Here are 2 pics, hope theyre sufficient, because I REALLY dont want to put that back together again, its a bugger!

Comment

Hey guys.

So I bought a new steel trigger sear off zero in. Installed it and put the whole thing back together. The trigger feels a bit less stiff, which Im gonna guess is a good thing, but now the rifle isnt cocking? Im guessing Ive put the piston sear back in wrong? Or could it be something else?

Comment

The sear that holds the spring in place isnt in right.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

ive just given it closer inspection, and its odd. If I push it hard enough, it will cock, but it requires 2 hands, and Im pretty strong lol.

What spring? There were a few in the trigger mech :P

Comment

I own the rifle, and your piston sear seems slightly worn.... but i wouldnt think its worn enought to stop operation. If i were you, i would just go and buy the diamond ring piston and trigger sears (they work together, and other piston sears will need filling to fit the diamond ring trigger sear), a laylax piston, spring guide, and cylinder head, and a cylinder stopper (not sure, but the vsr type one might fit... possibly with some filling). That and a hard hop rubber in the standard cylinder works nicely (my setup) pop in a PDI spring designed for a 7mm spring guide (APS works aswell), and there you have it.

Comment

also, the spring between the trigger and piston sears seems out of place... when you push down the piston sear, it should spring back up.

Comment

Hmm ok well thats the issue. The piston sear is not springing back up.

At the minute I have the Diamond Ring trigger sear(bought and fitted to try and fix this issue), and it seems to have improved it a bit(not at least its shooting occasionally). It also has the PDI Precision Cylinder set already installed.

Where is this piston sear spring everyones mentioning? And how should it go in?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                        Working...
                        X