M3 Shotgun HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3 Shotgun HELP PLEASE

Hi guys. Ive been having some trouble today with my Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90 shotgun that i bought earlier this week. I'm just going to run through everything Ive done with it since I got it. Firstly I got it out loaded up the shells and fired it and it worked fine. A few hours later I got it out again fired the first shot and it worked well again, the second time i pumped the shotgun and loaded it the problems started. I puled the pump back and loaded the bbs and tensed the spring and the pump then would not go all the way forward, it keeps on getting stuck about 1cm from the end and the gun wont fire. At the same time the pump just slides back and forth with no resistance at all. The gun dry fires fine its just when bbs are loaded. Also I would like to note that I did twist the ring around at the front of the gun. A friend of mine mentioned that its some kind of pump safety feature. If anyone knows anything at all about the problem I'm having then could you please help. Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you very much

Ryan
    Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Re: M3 Shotgun HELP PLEASE

I have some good news and some bad news...

The bad news is that your tri-cylinder is broken - the reason why you can't return the pump to the foward position is that there is a BB jammed in between the two lower nozzles.

The good news (I guess) is that this is a common problem, and one which CAN be fixed. It will, however, require a new tri-cylinder at a cost of £30 and will also require an almost complete strip down of the entire gun to fit the new one in.

More good news is that this issue was probably not caused by you. It can happen at pretty much any time to any tri-shot shotgun - although you can better your chances of not ruining a tri-cylinder by always cocking the shotgun in a quick, determined action. I.e. don't rack it slowly, nor mis-pump** it

** Mis-pumping - where you rack the action back far enough to allow the chambering of 3 rounds but not far enough to lock the piston, when you rack it a second time this allows 3 more BBs into the chamber and as you ram the tri-cylinder home you end up cramming up the system with 6 BBs in the space of 3. If you do accidentally mis-pump it, which will probably happen when you have slippery hands and the pump slips from your hand right before the gun cocks itself, then immediately stop whatever engagement you are involved in with the enemy. Release the shot-shell, shake out any spare BBs from the lower chamber areas, pump the gun fully back to the rear whilst pointing the barrel in the air - this will allow the 3 previously chambered rounds to drop out. Then re-insert the shell and carry on as normal.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ryan2T69 Find out more about Ryan2T69
    Working...
    X