What gears/parts are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gears/parts are these?

I was sent a GB claiming to have a systema full high speed tune up kit in!
    Clearly it didnt but I have no idea what gears these are...so no idea as to whether I should use them over mauri!

Any idea's

Also the bearing had no hole for the gears to come out the other side of...just an indent for the axel

And the piston head looks like systema but im not sure?!

Also, why is the vent so far down the cylinder!?

Thanks

Re: What gears/parts are these?

The vent is so far down the cylinder as its for a weapon with a very small barrel. So you dont need a large cylinder volume. Probably an MP5K i would guess.

Havent seen any of those gears before so i cant help you there im afraid.

Comment

theyre definatley systema gears. i recognise the shape of the sector gear

Comment

Old style Systema high speed gears. Looks like an old fashion FTK.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Aaah so its just and older version. Il PM to apologies

Are all the gears from that set and would they be better thn stock mauri gears?

Thanks

Comment

These are the "Super" high speed variant of Systemas gears from the old days, Systema haven't been putting these out for years. The design and concept was catchy, but they gained a poor reputation because the Sector gear was casted from Zinc alloy much like that of the TM Sector and it failed quickly as a result.
            The only real advantage it has over the existing high speed gear set is that it is lower ratio, same as the FA-MAS infact, but that is useless if the Sector's durability suffers, it will not be able to achieve and sustain a faster rate of fire than the existing Systema sets when you consider that the spring rate has to be upped aswell.

As for the design, the Sector gear was lightened and had its own ball bearing block, therefore the Axel did not have to rotate, that is why the bearing included looks different.

The Cylinder is ported half way for a reason, the FTK in question would have been a "super high speed kit" and the purpose would be primarily to gain ROF. You trade out usable Cylinder volume(FPS) for faster piston assembly return time. For half of the distance the piston is traveling it would not be slowed down by the resistance of compression.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Cool thanks a lot, Il use the gears then!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

your evil twin Find out more about your evil twin
              Working...
              X