Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-spraying L96

Evening all,

I have a Warrior L96, slightly upgraded that I'm looking at respraying. It's currently ex-two-tone sprayed olive green but the krylon's starting to really come off showing the luminuous green underneath. My plan is to sand it down past the green and spray it over with a good layer of krylon. The undercoat beneath the luminuous is black so it should be fine..

Just wondering if there are any tips/advice you guys can offer me to make it nice and easy?

Ta!

Re: Re-spraying L96

Sniper tape mate

Comment

Really? Surely that's a right pain in the ass? surely it becomes unstuck etc too? I've never used it, so have no idea what it's like really.. but can't imagine tape being a good solution?

Any pointers welcome!

Comment

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-Basic-how-too

There you go chap ^^

Comment

If sniper tape is done well it will look really good and last for ages, mine lasted 10 months until I resprayed with halfords paint.
          Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Yeah, either tape or halfords camo OD looks the DBs.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I'd spray, sniper tape is useful if you want to preserve the colour underneath... which in this case I can't see you wanting to do.
              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Wet and dry the stock till smooth and go over it with Halfords Camo paints.

I recently took an ex-2tone from lime green back to black (afterselling it and the buyer pulling out) and to prep and respray it took the better part of 2 days - absolute nightmare.

If you do untend to take it back to bare plastic, then watch out when sanding on the edges - you'll round them off slightly and the stock will look "Wierd" when put back together (assuming you intend to split the stock to paint it thoroughly) also, where possible, use an adhesion promoter.

Hope this helps.

Rich

**insert witty remark**

Comment

Sand the stock down till it is smooth and go over it in bursts of your spray paint of choice (I recommend Halfords or Krylon). I did that and my olive green finish feels great and hasn't worn down yet.
                  Originally posted by psirus101
                  I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

I did mine recently also and like others used halfords camp green gave it a good few coats let it dry for a couple of days and then sprayed it with Matt effect clear coat to prevent damage in the future. It's done it's fair share of days crawling around and it still looking lovely.....

Comment

A matte clear varnish is the key to good paint finish and wear characteristics. Once you've got the paint job how you like it spray (or brush) matte clear varnish over the entire paint job, keep layering it up until you can't be ar**d any more. Lasts ages and gives a wonderful non-reflective surface.
                      Paypal does not protect you as a seller or buyer. Don't believe the hype.

UK Virtual Assistant services: http://www.seekingserenity.co.uk/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aaron-hill09 Find out more about aaron-hill09
                      Working...
                      X