Downgrading a spring shotgun's power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downgrading a spring shotgun's power

So I just picked up a tri-shot M3 on the cheap. I got the short version with no stock, mostly because I'm a fan of Aliens and the only Ithaca Stakeout on the market doesn't do multi-shot...so it's like, what's the point :P

Anyway, as they are not great long range guns to begin with, I'd like to keep this for close encounters. One thing I don't like about tri-shots is that they are pretty tough to pump rapidly, plus not having a stock makes it even tougher. So, I was thinking about downgrading the spring a bit.

1. As far as I understand, the way to do this is to snip a couple rings off of the spring. Is this correct?
    2. Is there anything I should know about the construction of TM/DE tri-shots before I rip mine open?

Thanks!

Re: Downgrading a spring shotgun's power

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/review...hp?product=342

Complete guide to stripping a TM M3
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I think I saw to make it easier you cut not too many but enough to power it down that's what I did with my sniper spring so I think it would be the same

Comment

I'm using one of these regularly and I'll just say its been a fantastic exercise program: I genuinely thought after a few months the springs had weakened but a friend bought an identical one the other week and I tried it to compare how hard to pump it was with mine and they were exactly the same... I'd just got stronger. Its basically like a chest expander.
        Because I'm using this in the woods and loving it I am pondering trying to upgrade the springs to give it a bit more range, as at distance some people wearing a lot of gear genuinely can't feel it at only 280fps.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CacklingHawk Be strong, be fast, don't be too serious Find out more about CacklingHawk
        Working...
        X