Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm L96 cheep upgrade solusion

well hello

i was just wondering if it is possible/ sensible to install a more powerful spring on to stock internals and if so, how big could i go without causing damage?
    I do want to upgrade this rifle but at the moment, funds are short so would like to do this on a budget for now.

cheers

sharpy

Re: Tm L96 cheep upgrade solusion

Sharpy, I really hate to break it to you but you shouldn't be upgrading the spring at all if you're not even going to upgrade the trigger sears.

However, should you wish for you weapon to probably break after 3 months of use, you could really put anything in it and it wouldn't make all that much difference.

See, the problem is that FPS isn't everything. Without a good hop-up that BB is just going to drop really short even if it's going fast.

An M150 spring will take your gun up to around 450fps on stock parts (usually 500 but it depends on how airtight/efficient your weapon is) but I urge you to just bide your time and save up before stripping the whole thing out. Like many (somewhat) complex machines, BB guns are only as strong as their weakest link. You could have an entire Laylax/PDI build but if your bucking is damaged then the BB will fly off course or splinter in the barrel.

So the answer to your question is yes, it is possible and no it's not sensible. All spring upgrades have the potential to cause a lot of damage as manufacturers will only make stock parts that can handle the stock springs (simple cost-cutting). Any upgrade will probably damage your gun in a couple of months. The trigger box might shatter down the middle or the trigger shear might get rounded off.

Neither of these things are good.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sharpy Find out more about sharpy
    Working...
    X