Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Marui L96 Reassembly Problem (Pics. Incl.) Screws won't go in all the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marui L96 Reassembly Problem (Pics. Incl.) Screws won't go in all the way!

Hi all,
    Ok started to reassemble my Tokyo marui l96 and have struck a problem which has been baffling me for a couple of weeks now.
    I'll go through the problem as below.

The picture here shows the outer barrel with the hop up unit seen on the center of the picture, screwed into place by that metal tab above left to it. On the right hand side you can see the silver ring which secures the outer barrel to the top receiver thing. This one is a replacement from my old one as I screwed too hard down in the wrong place on the previous ring causing it to reshape itself, so had to buy this Lonex one as a replacement :/

This picture shows the top reciever and the outer barrel which you have to screw into it.

Once you screw it in the furthest the thread takes, you have to screw it anti-clockwise a bit to align it.

to this:

Here you can see the silver ring inside aligned with the two screw holes on the reciever

In order to keep it in place when sceewing into these two holes there is another tiny screw hole above it seen on the top of the reciver as seen below

Now we can turn the gun back over to try and screw the screws into the two holes:

However when I do this they only go in 3/4 of the way!?

I've assembled and reassembled this many times from square one to try and solve it and find a solution to the problem but cannot work it out, anyone have any idea whats going on? Have also tried spraying silicone oil on the screws just in case it was just stiff or such but still the same problem. Don't want to screw to hard into it again before I break another ring furthermore the screw heads are getting very worn from this, so have to do the screwing very carefully from now on :/
    Cheers guys for the help, so hope someone can solve this!
    Regards
    .Thomas

Re: Marui L96 Reassembly Problem (Pics. Incl.) Screws won't go in all the way!

have you try'd taking it apart and trying the fitting the screws into both the receiver and barrel part separately ,that way you would be able to tell in witch hole the problem was occurring.it may be a crossed thread in one part or the other or perhaps the wrong screw's?

Comment

I assume the problem is in the lonex part. If i were you, i would purchase a Laylax version of this from a well know hobby shop situated in asia :3

Comment

I tried solely trying to put the screws into the 'Laylax PSSL96 Barrel Inner Ring for Marui L96 Sniper' which I have (sorry for my mistake, it's not lonex :P ), from the hobby site mentioned by the 'the only black airsofter', and they won't screw in which leads me to believe that it's that, that is preventing me to drill further down. Now wtf do I do haha :/ Look for some laylax screws??

Comment

hmm... this is a bit tricky. PDI cylinder sets come with an elongated version of this piece which you could try and sort but im not sure if you can purchase these alone

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
          Working...
          X