Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Upgrade advice on a TM L96 (to be paired with a PDI 130 spring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade advice on a TM L96 (to be paired with a PDI 130 spring)

I've recently obtained a stock TM L96 and a PDI 130 spring for it. Although I'll happily strip and upgrade any AEG that gets passed to me, bolties are a completely different beast, which might aswell be powered by pixie dust...thus I have no idea what other upgrades are required to make the spring work.

So, this is the question - my target FPS will be between 400fps and 420fps, which apparently my spring should do. But what else will I need at the least, to prevent the rifle eating itself on the first couple of shots. I'd like to get it running in time for the NAE, so the budget is quite slim at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Re: Upgrade advice on a TM L96 (to be paired with a PDI 130 spring)

Bump...anyone able to help with this?

Comment

I think all you need are upgraded sears and maybe the spring guide. The cylinder will need replacing eventually but not for a year or two. I would advise a new hop up rubber and tightbore as well for accuracy.
      "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

I have Laylax, but PDI is superior IMO. Theres not much other stuff on the market really and nothing thats cheap but I'd advise starting with diamond ring trigger and piston sears, any TM VSR type spring guide stopper/set pin, and a PDI cylinder set (containing cylinder, piston, spring guide, and cylinder head). That would set you back ~£230 depending on retailers used which is the main problem for you, but thats what I would recommend.

Comment

Heh, I should have said cost efficent rather than cheap - just don't want to thrown money on the less essential bits. £230 sounds about reasonable.

As far as the cylinder set goes, would this one do the trick?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5515

Again, apologies for the potentially stupid questions - bolties are a new beast to me - and I can't find a boltie equivilant of mechbox.com

Comment

That cylinder set is one of the best you could go for :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

brooxy Find out more about brooxy
            Working...
            X