Recommend Warrior L96 barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend Warrior L96 barrel

Im looking to get a new barrel for my L96 but dont really know what to get, my friend just got a Madbull 6.03 for his G&P M4 and said its really good compared to the stock one.

I also need someone to recommend me some high quality BBs to match, currently using .36, but i think theyre teflon coated.

Any help would be great... Thanks.

Systema M4A1 PTW | TM P90 | KJW P229

Re: Recommend Warrior L96 barrel

why?

Its already a 6.03 tightbore in the warrior guns... why replace like with like?

Comparing an aeg barrel for an aeg to a sniper rifle is somewhat darft....

As for bbs... good luck... its hard to get hold of heavy these days thanks to japan. Blaster .3s work nice, and i HEARD Blaster are planning a line of heavys... watch this space.

Comment

Oh right. I didnt know that tbh. I just thought if it could be better... Then why not : )

Hmm... I guess ill just have to look around.

Comment

The best thing I've been told to do for a Warrior L96 is clean the barrel out, strip it down and clean all the grease out of the chamber and off the hop-up. Then, I was told to buy a TB barrel, 498mm, and use .30 BBs. Get rid of the foam barrel spacers and get some solid plastic ones. Parts for a Maruzen Type-96 are supposed to be compatible with Warrior/Well, but don't hold me to that.

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

all maruzen type 96 parts are 100% compatable....

and they dont have barrel spacers standard iirc....

as for buying a TB... theres literally no point...

Me and a friend digital calipred (sp) ours... our warrior rifles, were 6.03mm... the well i had was 6.04... So theres no point spending on that...

3s are good, but i find they give me too much drift at long range... i run mine at 500 with 36s...

Comment

Yeh... Mine's supposed to be running 500. Thats with .2 though as that is what they test with, although my site isnt the strictest.

Comment

There is point getting a new tightbore. The warrior one won't be of the best quality, a new one will give you a bit more accuracy. It all depends if it's worth the price to you.

Comment

Agreed, the cheapsoft ones will be tight bores but they wont be anywhere near as good a quality as say promtheus or madbull

My feed back
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Originally posted by propaintballa View Post
                  Yeh... Mine's supposed to be running 500. Thats with .2 though as that is what they test with, although my site isnt the strictest.
                  Un upgraded, it will be around 460

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
                  There is point getting a new tightbore. The warrior one won't be of the best quality, a new one will give you a bit more accuracy. It all depends if it's worth the price to you.

Originally posted by Leon_London View Post
                  Agreed, the cheapsoft ones will be tight bores but they wont be anywhere near as good a quality as say promtheus or madbull
                  I saw a 'big brand' tightbore fitted to a warrior... i was less than impressed....
                  It had little to no performance benefit... You are better off saving your money, replacing the hop bucking, after moddifying it to take one, with a H, and potential cylinder upgrades... and zero trigger.... very nice :P

You guys seem to have horific views of chinese airsoft stuff on this forum... I wonder how many of you go off what others tell you or look yourself....

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
                    You guys seem to have horific views of chinese airsoft stuff on this forum... I wonder how many of you go off what others tell you or look yourself....
                    We are allowed to have our own opinions thanks. And mine come from both my own experience, and stories I've heard. Both sources are as valid as the other:

My mate owned a warrior L96. Really, really bad, nothing more to say.

I own an A&K M249, every part broke within the first two weeks, I replaced everything and it's now effectively a CA. Had no problems for the now 8 months of use.

I had a KART EBR. It didn't feed on full auto, no matter what mag I put in it. Also, the battery wiring and gun wiring had gashes in the casing all over, causing shorts and cutouts.

I heard recently about a gunsmith who had been given two broken Dboys M4s, both were new three weeks ago. In one, the wiring had melted the casing and shorted, ruining the battery and switch set before the fuse finally blew to cut the power. In the other, the piston, sector gear, pinion gear, motor shaft and spring guide were all broken. The gearbox had simply eaten itself.

I could list a lot more examples.

You just don't get that inconsistancy with TM, CA etc. The only china make that I would trust is JG. There are a few exceptions (cyma M14s and AKs are very nice, for example), but the general inconsistancy model to model is what puts me off.
                    Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 28 February, 2009, 10:51.

Comment

It is upgraded mate : )

Yeh, i probably wont get another barrel tbh... What does the zero trigger even do?

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
                        Hmm well if you have ever actually seen anything I have written about cheap soft stuff, I have done nothing but defend it? I myself have a couple of JG AEG's and do nothing but recommend them to others??

There are various factors that could change the performance of a high powered spring rifle and the barrel is one of them and I would lay money on the fact that an after market barrel such as Prometheus, madbull ect will have a much higher quality control then that of TM, G&P, CA, JG, CYMA and warrior alike.

I dont see why you constantly seem to have an arguementative attitude about most things you talk about on here kitten? someone asks for advice you had a pop at me, someone complemented your AEG picture you had a pop then..and now this? Maybe you should drop the attitude as appart from the odd few we are all here to help and happy to do it.

My feed back
                        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Go for an Edgi 6.01 think they are about £60 inc shipping they are the complete proverbial Mutts.

Its not all about the ID of the barrel, one make 6.03 will be better than another make 6.03 due to different manufacturing tolerances or even different manufacturing processes.

Edit: Always get the best tightbore you can afford/want to, you will notice the difference and will not regret spending the money, do your research before dropping the dollar tho! (Tightbore and bucking is always first on my list of upgrades).

As for ammo, stay away from digicons (even tho they are discontinued!) Madbull 0.30-0.40 are supposed to be pretty hot atm but you will have to import them from USA. Currently running Bioval BBBMAX 0.27 a bit light but SUPERB bb's, but again gotta import em
                          "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

Argh... I cba to import really : (

Comment

Originally posted by propaintballa View Post
                              It is upgraded mate : )

Yeh, i probably wont get another barrel tbh... What does the zero trigger even do?
                              Makes the trigger 'lighter' to pull. I'd rather keep the one that comes with the gun, its got the little safety trigger on it.

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

propaintballa Find out more about propaintballa
                              Working...
                              X