Slam firing help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slam firing help please

I have a TM vsr-10 that seems to keep slam firing.

Ive have used3 different sears 2 different cylinders 2 different pistons and triggers and it still seems to be slam firing -_-

The only other thing I can think of would be the air seal rings???

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem? And was this the fix before I start spending money and it's not -_-

Thanks

Re: Slam firing help please

is this still a problem?

Comment

whats slam firing?

Comment

On pump action shot-gun, hold the trigger down and keep pumping the action. The gun goes off with every completed pump.

Translating that to a bolt action i would assume it is when the bolt is pushed forward all the way home. He doesn't state if it is when the bolt hits it's stops or if when he pulls the bolt handle down to lock it into place.

Either way, as he loads the next round, the gun goes off when he doesn't want it to.

Comment

ah ok cheers

Comment

Most likely trigger sears, and if they are fine then your pistons could be too small?

Is there any play in the trigger mech when fitted? Could be twisting slightly releasing the piston.

Do you have the teflon rings in place? If not the bolt will lift by a mm or so and the piston will be released.
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

My VSR only seems to slam fire occasionally when the spring guide unscrews itself - if you have an upgraded spring guide then, in addition to the above suggestions, check that too.
              Wanted: Action Army hop chamber and any other VSR upgrades.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Freeman123 Find out more about Freeman123
              Working...
              X