some vsr advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some vsr advice please

Just picked up a vsr for a nice price of £60 as a project, I have no idea on the make and looks to have been 2tone before hand but looking at the over spray on the trigger i think it was painted and not factory 2tone. It fires but theres no hop leaver and could do with a lick of paint and a new bit the bolt fits to because the ris screw holes are knackers.

Any way I took it apart to see exactly what I got and could do with a little help identifiing parts.

What are the piston, spring and spring guide and should the spring be a little bent? and should there be a damper on the end of the piston(theres 8 small holes in the end(they dont go right through))

Dose the bolt look standard?

Whats the bolt holder bit called so I can get a new one?

Looking don the barrel the hop is on but can you tell what parts im missing or is it best to just get a whole new hop unit?

Cheers

Re: some vsr advice please

The hop blOck is standard mate

Spring
    Piston
    Spring guide

All aftermarket upgrade parts

The rifle has been sprayed two tone so bit of white spirit will remove it

The parts look either action army or old element

Comment

The piston and spring guide are ASPUK. And as mentioned they are aftermarket upgrade parts.

The spring - who knows. Yes some bending can occur. Nothing to worry about unless you are not getting your desired FPS.

The bolt housing is known as a receiver or literally "bolt housing".

Everything else looks standard. Perhaps the trigger sears have been upgraded for steel ones? You'll have to remove the trigger to find out.

Hop levers are hard to get. Try asking for one in the "parts wanted" section.

Good buy for £60!!!

Comment

Would a complete hop be the best thing to try and get as I dont no if all the other parts of it are there?

Should I be able to use any vsr/bar10 unit and are all the recivers all the same throughout the brands?

Comment

I would highly recommend the TDC mod if you're up for it. It will give you more hop up adjustment and you don't need the hop up lever, and it will straighten out any right-hook issues if you have them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPCUmPNOuYg

I would also suggest cleaning everything with some kind of grease (white lithium is my personal choice) so that everything is nice and clean.
          You got yourself a good deal.
          Originally posted by psirus101
          I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Thats a very good video you have made, I think I will do that!

Iv done lots of tinkering with AEG's and GBB pistols before but this is my first try at a sniper other than the old mb06 I have but was mainly put off using the l96 style guns because you cant see how much your are adjusting the hop using that silly little alen bolt hid in the reciver so wanted a vrs with the leaver but this seems even better!

You got a pic of how the gun looks now? thought of anyways to hide the silver bolt? ill be painting it all anyway so shouldnt stick out to much.

Here is a pic of the trigger assembly dose this look upgraded at all?

Comment

That's a stock trigger unit with 45 degree sears. The sears look a little worn but I can't really tell from this angle. :P
              You could cover your rifle's breach like this (of course, don't use white card like shown in the picture though)
              I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

sorry I ment the bolt on the hop mod

Comment

ok ris is fixed it was the screws that was too short, I put longer ones in and its tight as just need to cut them to size so they wount foul the bolt.

Hop unit is preped for the tdc mod, just thinking while its out i should get a new rubber and nub, whats the best but budget ones to go for? my site limmits are 500 fps!

seems like this will be a cheap fix up gun so i wount splash out on £100 rubbers just yet

Comment

whats the spring loaded bit infront of the hop rubber do? it looks like it will just be in the way of loading.

Comment

that seats the bb and stops double.feeding. As for hop rubbers thats all personal choice.. many swear by the fireflyhard. i still think the origional tm is good and can be picked up cheap.... check an elite shooting centre for them at £6 each. they also have the laylax airseal rubbers which are good.
                      user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

I like Nineball because of its airseal. However, it's pretty easy to get a nice tight air seal on your rubber by wrapping PTFE tape and/or dental floss:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInMxQPKyb8

Oh, and I now use a black bolt for my adjuster, I just used a silver one in the video. :P

Comment

Also want to add that once you've tinkered and got your desired (near enough) hop you could cut the bolt down to a smaller size so it sits even flusher with the nut.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JBall Find out more about JBall
                          Working...
                          X