Well G23 GAS VSR ADVICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well G23 GAS VSR ADVICE

i need a bit of tech info,firstly what i have is a well g23 with the gas bolt and uses vsr mag's.now i've been looking at the specs and im not sure that the bolt is of the standard tm vsr (clone) dimensions,so..
    1 is the bolt the same dimensions as a tm spring vsr bolt?
    2 is the bolt swappable for a vrs bolt as a direct swap?
    the bolt is about 30mm diameter ,the aps clone i have has a bolt of around 22mm so im sure enough that its not the same as that,the trigger assembly is vsr as is the hop.
    if i put all this in context of what i want it for it may help you'r advice.what i'm doing is a custom build conversion of a dboys kar98k to use vsr components so that all the working parts will be tm vsr compatible but fitted into a dboys k98 stock and cosmetic parts.now this will be the third conversion of this type ive done so please assume that im competent to do the conversion ,what i want to achieve is to have a spring bolt set to 350 fps for close engagement and a gas bolt of around 450 fps that i can drop in for sniping,now this gas bolt is the right spec ,what im looking for is a direct swap bolt so what bolt am i looking for?

Re: Well G23 GAS VSR ADVICE

It's a little off-topic for your original post but I figure I'll ask. I've bought the G23 as a base for a major sniper project. Before embarking on the rebuild I thought I'd assess its current performance. I put a mag of rounds through it to check it cycled properly. After clearing a cocking jam (full cylinder strip on a new gun) I put a second mag through a chrono test. I took the opportunity to remove the restrictor from the air nozzle.

My chrono readings were all over the place, ranging from 20fps to 490fps. I don't fully trust my chrono, here, but I'm curious if you had similar issues. Did you try the G23 before progressing with your project?
    Paypal does not protect you as a seller or buyer. Don't believe the hype.

UK Virtual Assistant services: http://www.seekingserenity.co.uk/

Comment

the power being erratic is due to design,the first shots will be highest power,then it settles for 15 or so shots before declining in power.as for the rest of the project its still in planning while i do a couple of other ww2 rifles for customers.the reason the erratic power is not a problem for me is because i only want that bolt for sniping so only a verry few shots,the spring bolt is planned for 340-350 fps so far more work and no min engagement distance.as a stand alone gas gun i'd be pretty disappointed at the regularity of re-gassing the bolt.

Comment

Thanks, the issues don't affect me either because of my plans, but it's frustrating that it's so cr*p out of the box. Glad I didn't buy it as a sniper rifle in its current configuration.

Good luck in your projects
        Paypal does not protect you as a seller or buyer. Don't believe the hype.

UK Virtual Assistant services: http://www.seekingserenity.co.uk/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dadio Find out more about dadio
        Working...
        X