Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap/Free L96 upgrades? :)

Hey,

I've got a UTG L96, and was hoping I could make use of as many cheap, if not free upgrades as possible to make my gun perform :D

I've done the barrel spacer upgrade, adding more and taping them in place to keep the barrel straight, any others you can suggest? :D

Thanks

Re: Cheap/Free L96 upgrades?

Are you happy opening up the bolt? If so you can gain a few FPS by adding some washers over the spring guide (providing it is metal) to act as bearings, cleaning the piston and head, greasing the spring, placing ptfe on all threads on the bolt and then reassembling. You can also mod your hop rubber with the flat hop mod to gain another 10% of range (if not more!).
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Thanks for those, is there anything else I can do, i heard about using teflon tape to improve air tightness or something?

Comment

Yeah but it doesnt stay in place all that well. Horrific airleaks are present across 90% of the clones.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Teflon Tape = PTFE Tape. You can also use Dental Floss to create a tighter seal and hold the PTFE tape in place.
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Thanks for the tips :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gunseller Find out more about gunseller
            Working...
            X