Well Warrior L96 bolt maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Warrior L96 bolt maintenance

Basically I was skirmishing the other day and lay my L96 on the floor for a second to shoot an unsuspecting enemy with my gas blowback. When I picked my sniper back up and bolted it back to shoot someone else it was full of dirt and grinded horribly when I did so. My question is how can i clean out and lubricate my bolt so it goes back to a smooth pull and push. If anyone can help that will be extremely appreciated!

Re: Well Warrior L96 bolt maintenance

I use multi purpose lithium grease.When you clean the cylinder just remove the internals and clean with water.Let it air dry and wipe if it is still wet then clean your receiver internals again remove the trigger and barrel. Then use lithium grease on the cylinder with a rag. Job done

Comment

What, so you've never cleaned your cylinder already...!? :S How long have you had the gun for?
      Originally posted by psirus101
      I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

In front of the trigger is a tab, pull that down and the bolt should come right out, wipe it and regrease it, then when you put it back in theres a little nub tha sticks out you have to push it down (use a screwdriver or similar) while you push the bolt in, then click the tab back up. It can and probably will be stiff, and you may want to clean the inside of the reciever too.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Will a normal silicon based gun grease be ok for lubing the bolt?

Comment

Disassembly guide
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmto6uBruNQ

He has the bolt out at 2 minutes at which point you can clean it and lube it aswell as the inside the body where it slides in.

Originally posted by Mole1811 View Post
            Will a normal silicon based gun grease be ok for lubing the bolt?
            Yes.

Also if its your first time taking it apart, expect to find broken parts. The standard plastic trigger assembly is poor and breaks easily. I would recommend upgrading to a metal one.
            For Sale
            Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Taa, its been in pieces plenty of times but will be upgrading trigger sears etc etc soon.

Mine is a bar10 btw but I'm guessing its greased in the same manner?

Comment

Taa, its been in pieces plenty of times but will be upgrading trigger sears etc etc soon.

Mine is a bar10 btw but I'm guessing its greased in the same manner?
                Yeah exactly the same, clean the bolt and inside where the bolt goes then re-apply grease.
                For Sale

Comment

Cool. Just one more thing, can I use the silicon e grease on the piston etc inside the cylinder?
                  Bolt pulls out smoothly to lock piston in place but is fairly dificult to push back in. It is fairly dry insidemthe cylinder.

Comment

Cool. Just one more thing, can I use the silicon e grease on the piston etc inside the cylinder?
                    Bolt pulls out smoothly to lock piston in place but is fairly dificult to push back in. It is fairly dry insidemthe cylinder.
                    anyone?

Comment

anyone?
                      Is there a slit into the cylinder where you can see the spring? you only need to clean that out if its full of dirt but it shouldn't be. You could try putting grease inside there if it feels like its grinding.
                      For Sale

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iamhrh@hotmail.co.uk Find out more about [email protected]
                      Working...
                      X