Shortening Dragonov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortening Dragonov

Im wondering if anyone has shortend a Dragonov before, I got one a while back as i always liked the look but never used it as i find it just to long.
    Since im always doing a project or doing something to my guns i looked at it tonight and thought if i remove the flash hider and front sight then shorten the barrel by 4 inches and the hand gaurd by 4 inches and slide front hand guard mount etc down it would be a nice size for me.

But i was wondering if this gun needs all of the super long inner barrel , Or will the negitive results from changing length be minimal.
    As it is it about 490 fps but dont want it to slip below 450 as i dont want to stick a stronger spring in as its hard enough to cock as it is

So if anyone has done this or simular or has any advise i thank you in advance
    Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Re: Shortening Dragonov

A shorter tightbore should produce the same results as a long standard bore within reason.

I have never worked on one of those so i do not profess to have all the answers, but i would start by working out what i wanted as my maximum over all lenth of the front end and then find the closest match good quality tightbore inner barrel.

Put the inner barrel in and test it. Only then would i start cutting the gun down as i know the power would be okay (or not bother as the case may be)

Comment

Re: Shortening Dragonov

Thank You loki for advise but ive had a change of heart, Im converting a m4 ggb to Dmr.
      Will save cutting the poor Dragonov up lol

Thanks again
      Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mirlock Find out more about mirlock
      Working...
      X