Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-spec accuracy/range help

hello,

just a few questions, after some guidance regarding my G-Spec, its about 6-7 years old and ive had it since new and recently upgraded it to 485FPS on 0.2s

I was using Blaster 0.3s to skirmish with but didn't find the accuracy sufficient enough, so have switched to Madbull 0.36s and Kings Arms 0.36s which have helped alot with the accuracy.

Also am i correct in thinking the G-Spec comes with a TN barrel as standard?

My current set up is: (all parts about 3 months old)
    Action Army Zero trigger
    Action Army piston
    Action Army spring guide
    M150 Spring
    Bic/Biro pen mod on the hop
    DIY barrel spacers with electrical tape

With this set up i can easily hit a head shaped target every time at 120 feet while that is not in anyway a great feat soon as i go for targets at 150 feet the accuracy is reduced significantly

So much some shots will fall just short, while others will fly way past the 150 foot marker. And accuracy is greatly reduced too so much i can only hit the target 2/10 shots.

Any ideas to improve the range and accuracy as been reading up and people seem to be getting results of 200 foot and 8/10 accurate hits

I understand i may require a new hop rubber as im still on the original one lol but no idea what to go for, also would anyone recommend using the dangerwerx (sp) hop lever with a new hop rubber to help?

Or am i hoping for too much?

thanks in advance

Re: G-spec accuracy/range help

yes; get new hop up rubber! I'd suggest Firefly hard or Nineball at that fps. I would also recommend either thoroughly cleaning and polishing your barrel or betting a new one. Try shimming the hop-up chamber with copper shims, tape or even sticking paper to it. This helps reduce movement and essentially works like the barrel spacers do.
    I can hit consistently at 150ft with my stock VSR-Pro.

One other thing, have you tried testing your fps in a chrono? It sounds like you're getting inconsistent shots. Wrap some PTFE tape on the cylinder head thread and around the bucking do create a tighter air seal, resulting in more shot-to-shot consistency.
    Originally posted by psirus101
    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Forgot to say PTFE tape is wrapped round the hop rubber and the cylinder head.

Was leaning towards the Firefly hard but trying to decide where best to get one from. Also i have made my own barrel spacers out of tape

What would you recommend to polish the barrel?

And yes tested with 4 different chronos from the last time i took it down there was no air leaking was super tight

thanks for your post

Comment

hmm, I reckon your bucking must be worn! Definitely replace it, and I just replied to your PM. :P
        Originally posted by psirus101
        I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

mmm not got a pm ?

do you still use the standard hop lever, just shimmed?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

REBELARMY Find out more about REBELARMY
          Working...
          X