ASG Franchi SAS12 Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG Franchi SAS12 Assembly

Hi all. Had a bit of a problem with my shotgun and need a bit of help.
    I was putting a few rounds through it after having it out of the box for the first time and one of the bbs shattered and lodged itself in one of the barrels. So, being far too impatient to seek professional help I proceeded to take the gun apart to try and dislodge the bb. I soon discovered this was going to be more difficult than I had anticipated and began to reassemble the gun. However, I can't quite figure out how to get the firing mechanism back together. The spring on the trigger doesn't seem to want to fit anywhere and there is a large piece like a lever with an odd shaped hole in it that i can't place either. I plan on taking it to a shop to get it looked at but if anyone has ever managed to reassemble one or has a plan of one i'd really appreciate any input. Cheers.

Re: ASG Franchi SAS12 Assembly

I'm away from my shotguns ATM but I have them apart quite often. Will have a look tonight and see what I can tell you. If you can take some photos it'd be easier to see what you mean, although I have an idea where your problem is.

For future reference, you can get access to the barrels without opening the piston and trigger area.

Comment

I've sorted the problem now. Managed to get an exploded drawing of the gun from the manufacturer's website. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Crud, sorry for no reply. A tricky SL9 took up all my attention! Well done. I tend to find the mech isn't that tricky. Its just the number of mix and match screws getting it all back together. I really ought to get a system so I put them back right (maybe colour coding), but mostly I trial and error them back into place.

Comment

Yeah. The screws were half the problem in putting in back together. How do you unblock the barrel without taking the whole gun apart? Would be handy to know for the future.

Comment

basically only remove the screws forward of (what we laughably call) the hop unit. It all comes apart leaving the cylinder and the trigger intact, saves a lot of time.

Comment

Ok. Cheers. Hopefully wont need to take it apart again any time soon.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave211 Find out more about dave211
              Working...
              X