Are the sears gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the sears gone?

Hey guys, as above, I have lost all hope and I'm gona headbutt walls. Please help and some day there fine and some say no. They were replaced and the bolt still will not lock back.

image.jpgimage.jpg

P.S I know the
    Spring isn't there where I have the screwdriver, it's there now.
    If you ain't first, your last!

Re: Are the sears gone?

without seeing the gun it could be any no. of things.

worn sears- easy to tell are they concaved slightly on top-are the replacements stock or upgraded sears. if upgraded seras they wont wear easily unless there cheap ones. ive ran my 500+ vsr for about 7 years(since release) now with laylax sears.

could be the piston-are you using an upgraded piston or stock plastic piston.change to an upgraded version if using the stock one on a high fps spring.

the sears may not be engaging properly- check that the sears are all functioning properly ,if so can try sanding the receiver slightly where the trigger unit attaches,to allow the sears more hight within the cylinder.

springguide stopper and spring guide can cause issues- does this drop slightly, the stock ones will run at 500fps,but by habit and for consistency i always change them.
    user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Re: Are the sears gone?

not locking back - so "slam firing".

Caused by many things.

1. Worn Sears
      2. Worn Piston Catch
      3. Missing 2 x teflon rings found front and rear of inner receiver.
      4. Mis-aligned spring guide stopper with Spring guide
      5. If using a high power spring it's recommended to use a stronger trigger sear spring. The stock one is weak and sometimes not able to keep the trigger sear pushed upwards when the bolt is locked back, it gives way. Use a stronger spring, i use one from a clicky Biro pen.

btw - You appear to be missing spring for trigger stop as seen in the pics above. This is used to prevent the trigger being pulled when the cylinder is locked back.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jack.Murnin Jack Murnin. 19 Years Old. From Northern Ireland and been playing airsoft for just over two years :) Find out more about Jack.Murnin
      Working...
      X