Re: M57A (L96) sniper rifle barrel problem

Originally posted by lewbad View Post
    where do i post it sorry :/
    No, sorry mate. I had posted in the wrong thread :P

Leave a comment:

• lewbad
    replied

thanks hunter, i have looked at the gear box since i first posted this and it looks like a cheap version so my plan is to upgrade the gear box to a usa version (so much cheaper and its the same product) and springs with the spring guide too, But have you found a good website that has a huge range for gun parts like ******** , but in the uk as my shipping charge is like £30 for all the parts :/
    Last edited by blytm; 21 January, 2013, 09:18.

Leave a comment:

• HuntR
    replied

The bit you mention is one of the sears (or more relatively known as a spring guide stopper). You could lightly tap it with a rubber mallet, or a hammer with the head wrapped in a tea towel. If that doesn't work try loosening the screws on the mechbox a little and then give the sear a tap. Generally these issues only happen on the cheaper versions of the L96. Purely down to the machining of the parts. And the fact they are made out of monkey metal.

Leave a comment:

• lewbad
    replied

where do i post it sorry :/

Leave a comment:

• mad.matt
    replied

Please delete - wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• lewbad
    started a topic M57A (L96) sniper rifle barrel problem

M57A (L96) sniper rifle barrel problem

i have just unscrewed all the parts to the M57A, so now i have the case (not a problem) and then the barrel and gear box assembly.I have then left it all together until i took out the spring mechanism (cylinder) and had a look to see if it had a reducer. The problem then occurred when the leaver ( which you have to push down to fit in the cylinder ) got stuck down and i down know how to get it to push up again, does anyone have any ideas of how to do this?? this has never happened before that's why i'm asking , its all in parts until i fix it as the cylinder keeps pulling out and the spring doesn't pull back because it isn't catching.

i have now taken it apart and its the gear box sorry (and cant change the title ) anyone have any more information on the gear box ??

its the gear box catch that has been stuck down , anyone know how to fix this?
    Last edited by lewbad; 21 January, 2013, 01:41. Reason: extra information

About the Author

Collapse

lewbad Find out more about lewbad
Working...
X