laylax red piston problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laylax red piston problems

hi i have just installed a new cylinder set into my vsr, i have put all laylax parts, teflon cylinder, red piston, cylinder head and spring guide, the problem is that the bolt pull is very rough, i changed it back to the tm piston and have found the pull to be alot smoother, has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? i am also getting alot of spring twang when its firing, it has the stock trigger box in it but its near enough new
    i am using a 110 spring
    Last edited by p creighton; 21 February, 2013, 22:19.

Re: laylax red piston problems

hey there how big is the O-ring around the cylinder and does it have enough lubrication? Also have you checked that the new bolt can slide easily along the white receiver rings that hold the bolt central?
    To fix the spring twang i would suggest some dampeners it really quietens down the noise

Sammy
    "Well they're not selling them to fund WE's thats for sure......" - Caldymoose

Comment

hi cheers for the reply i have tried the o ring supplied with the piston and the stock tm one and they were both lubed up, and yeh the bolt moves freely on the white rings dunno what the problem is but i have a zero trigger coming so hopefully the piston supplied with it will be better

Comment

I don't think a Zero trigger will work with the red piston. I think they are just for the orange piston. It's all to do with the trigger catch to the piston. One type works at a 45 degree angle and the other they refer to as a zero angle but it is actually 90 degrees to the piston. the zero is way, way better and will last much longer. If you look at the silver part at the back of the piston you'll see what I mean, inside the recessed on the back edge where the trigger catches.

Comment

Der Sorry, just read your post properly! If that doesn't work it only leaves the spring, could it possibly be binding when compressed inside the piston?

Comment

Did you get sorted, if so what was the problem?
            I ask because I've been messing with one of my VSR rifles this week and oddly enough I had a similar problem with a new piston, but when I fit a TM plastic spring guide the problem goes away and the bolt slides like butter. I've tried different springs but that didn't help. There is also evidence that something is scraping on the top of the inside of the cylinder. I believe it's to do with the clearance of the spring on the spring guide and the clearance of the spring in the piston, if any combination of the 2 clearances is too much things start to go sidewards in the cylinder this could also relate to the spring twang. Obviously if these clearances are too little the bolt will also be hard too pull as things jam up as the spring is compressed which could also cause spring twang
            My problem also made the bolt stiff to push back. The only difference I can see is the stock plastic spring guides spindle is tiny bit wider than the metal one keeping the spring a tad straighter under compression. It's an odd one but others must have had similar problems?
            I'm using various brands of parts which never helps, the only things you have not mentioned being Laylax is your spring and spring guide stopper. The piston doesn't move when you pull the bolt back so it has to be to do with the spring clearances or the spring guide if yours is just rough when you pull the cylinder back?

Comment

yeh mine works great now but i installed a zero trigger which has helped alot i found the same as you that the original tm spring guide was better but i think the problem i was having was the 45 degree piston sear and the red piston they may have needed breaking in but i was going to get the the zero trigger eventually so i just went ahead with it and its helped alot.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

p creighton Find out more about p creighton
              Working...
              X