Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

how do you tell the difference between two springs ( laylax )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you tell the difference between two springs ( laylax )

while upgrading my rifle the girlfriend decided to clean up and put my two laylax springs next to each other on the side as they were in her way while cleaning

anyone know how to tell the difference between a laylax sp110 and 130 ? ive tried googling it for pics of them both but cant get a out of box pic

i dont have a chrono to hand

one is longer than the other i said ill put both in and shoot her with both and she can tell me which herts more but she is unwilling to help me rectify her mistake

cheers gents

Unholy

Re: how do you tell the difference between two springs ( laylax )

HA! good luck!

seriously though, you could try suspending a weight from each spring in turn, whichever extends further is *likely* to be the weaker spring
    Originally posted by palmer234
    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Post pics of both together if possible. As theyre both the same brand, chances are the bigger one is higher fps.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

that doesn't work. I've got a 120 and a 150 spring right here, same brand, the 120 is slightly longer. They are rated in QC after production based on tension, not length

Comment

Fair enough. Only other thing then is try to compress them, which is stiffer.

Comment

see my original post. spring tension can be defined by both compression and extension. It's going to be tricky trying to compress them and get a comparative. I know, I've tried (had exactly the same problem as the OP once)

Comment

Damn you mr talky sense. Take a guess an be prepared to swap...
              (Especially when you put an m100 in that reads 369fps... >_>)

Comment

springs can be right b**tards sometimes. They should be colour coded BY LAW

Comment

It often comes down to air seal. On the same chrono, i put the SHS m100 in my m16, ~370... Stick it in a mates gun and its 320... Hmmm.

Comment

I had two m100 springs (new) in two seperate ICS upper gearboxes, where was a 10 fps difference between them. Enough to rule one of my rifle configs out at the chrono

Comment

well ones a m110 and a m130 so looks like ill be poking the " long one " in because its more likely the 130 bigger is better right ladys ?

its going in a maruzen type 96 so not like its hard to change springs on the field

Comment

possibly according to swerve, TBH its not hard to swap really, stick one in and chrono it in the morning pre game.

Comment

yeppers i changed one out the other day when i went to ****** ***** forgot there sniper limit is 400 well i had the 150 in and was a litttleee over :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

UnholyGIT Find out more about UnholyGIT
                          Working...
                          X