TM VSR-10 Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR-10 Upgrades

What are the best possible upgrades for a TM VSR?

Re: TM VSR-10 Upgrades

i all ways go for trigger then hop unit have a look on ASPUK thay are good for doing up snipers

Comment

Out of all the upgrades you can do, the trigger would be the last on my list. Then it would be just the sears. No need to do do the cylinder just the other parts, piston, piston head, spring and spring guide. Barrel, spacers and harder hop rubber. That should do you.

Obviously if you have the cash and want to by all means swap everything but you don't need to. If you are on a limited budget just do the spring and hop rubber, then the piston, piston head and spring guide when you can.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

OK cool thanks my budget would prob be £500 ish including the gun

Comment

I have seen fulled upgraded ones go on here cheaper than that chap.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-TM-VSR-G-Spec!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Originally posted by North West Outpost View Post
            Out of all the upgrades you can do, the trigger would be the last on my list. Then it would be just the sears. No need to do do the cylinder just the other parts, piston, piston head, spring and spring guide. Barrel, spacers and harder hop rubber. That should do you.

Obviously if you have the cash and want to by all means swap everything but you don't need to. If you are on a limited budget just do the spring and hop rubber, then the piston, piston head and spring guide when you can.
            - if you follow this advise with say a 150% spring say good bye to your internals after few hundred shots if not less, and say hello to broken piston cylinder and other parts that you loveingly replaced. if you upgrade the spring past a 120% or even a 110% i would say you need to upgrade the sears. If your upgrading the sears and are looking at this as a long term project i would recomend some sort of 90 degree piston system such as a zero trigger or the likes.

Before buying a fully upgraded rifle please do some research into workings and variations in the upgrades and such as well as compatability issues. It takes a few hours but you will be better off and if you dont have the time or patience for it, Prob not the rifle for you. Massive amounts of information on this platform out there so get reading.

Happy hunting.

Comment

There is a lot of info on the ASPUK websites including some suggested builds. If you compare the cost of their parts to those of laylax/PDI you can do a full upgrade (including EZ trigger and cylinder etc) for a lot less.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by farding View Post
                - if you follow this advise with say a 150% spring say good bye to your internals after few hundred shots if not less, and say hello to broken piston cylinder and other parts that you loveingly replaced. if you upgrade the spring past a 120% or even a 110% i would say you need to upgrade the sears. If your upgrading the sears and are looking at this as a long term project i would recomend some sort of 90 degree piston system such as a zero trigger or the likes.

Before buying a fully upgraded rifle please do some research into workings and variations in the upgrades and such as well as compatability issues. It takes a few hours but you will be better off and if you dont have the time or patience for it, Prob not the rifle for you. Massive amounts of information on this platform out there so get reading.

Happy hunting.
                Where is your sense of adventure.

I can only assume you have read this somewhere.

I have had a few snipers, from a Warrior L96 with just an upgraded spring no other internal breakage in well over a year. Are you telling us that Warriors are better than TM?

Had a couple of pretty much fully upgraded TM VSR's. Which were much better, but no zero trigger. For the cost of that trigger you have a pretty good deposit for a side arm.

The vsr trigger is fully adjustable as is so you only need to swap the sears, you do not need a zero trigger.
                Last edited by North West Outpost; 11 April, 2013, 11:05.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

i lost it somewhere when i was younger and did not care about money/fun ratio

no i agree with you you could just put a spring in it, Depends which, You could not however put a 170 spring in the Vsr basic and expect it last a full day of shooting. I dont know about eh L96 platforms as have not done anything on them but i believe that the cylinder is slightly larger if this has any change i dont actualy know.

i have two currently both set up the same only differnce is th zero trigger between them. and occationaly the upgradded sear system needs some TLC due to slam fireing because of the 45 degree set up on the sears. with a zero trigger there is less wear on parts and slam firing almost cannot happen. I have had both problems including my full zero trigger fall apart in my hands (trust me all 25 parts is not fun to put together correctly and takes alot of care) i would recomend the Trigger system from ASPUK as a cheaper alternative. I only surgest a zero trigger or other 90 degress system if you are looking at using this gun alot for a long time and want to run it as flawlessly as possible. It is not a must its just my surgestion of the two differnt paths as i have done both.

As you said its expensive but depsit on a side arms, Well i hope that people would have the side arm before going for a fully upgraded bolt action.

Comment

Yea I will have a side arm, is the Aspuk trigger much worse than the zero trigger, also there are two springs I have seen for example 11/8mm and then 13/8mm which one would I need? And does it depend on another part as to which one i would get?

Comment

Does anyone know about the different springs?

Comment

Know about them in what respect? There's a really good amount of detail on the ASPUK website discussing strengths, diameter etc. I'm planning a build using all their parts and got most of my info from there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Dont know which type to buy will check that site though, thanks

Comment

From what I've heard the ASPUK Trigger is epic. It has less internal parts so less so to go wrong. Full steel sears too. I think, but not sure, it's a similar design to the PDO VTrigger. In terms of what the actually do, I think the Laylax zero trigger simply has a lighter trigger pull whereas the VTrigger and ASPUKs EZ Triggers were designed for robustness.

Comment

To answer an earlier question a standard vsr spring is 11/8
                              Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mango Airsoft Find out more about Mango
                              Working...
                              X