Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar-10 Sear not quite popping back after firing

Hey guys

My Bar-10, I just installed a new trigger sear and piston sear, all work fine but when I pull the bolt, fire off the shot, the sear piston doesn't quite pop back into place as I can see externally. I can then push the sear back up with my finger and then the trigger will bounce back into starting position and I can recock it and fire again, only for the same thing to happen...

Hope this makes sense and someone has an idea to potentially help!

Cheers

Re: Bar-10 Sear not quite popping back after firing

what brand you using seems you got a problem like me i can fire 1-2 shots but then the trigger is like locked backwards and have to remove the trigger or jerk it to get it to release
    After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

ASPUK ones. I literally have to push it back up by the little notch that sticks out from the trigger mech itself. I'm thinking it's getting caught on something, maybe a bit of careful filing would fix it?

Comment

i brought from aspuk too i ended up buying a whole new trigger unit off them they had built and still the problems im struggling to sort it out i think the trigger needs sanding down a tad

Comment

Think there was a guide involving filing part if the cylinder. It was on the ASPUK website in the instructions area, they said that slight modding was a requirement on some non-TM VSR's.
          sigpic

Comment

From looking at it closely again, it's actually the trigger sear not popping back rather than the piston sear. Going to try putting in a stronger spring to make it pop back up, but I have a feeling some filing somewhere will be required.

Comment

as silly as it sounds could be the housing of the trigger mech, could be the bit where it screws into the receiver is too deep for the sears, you generally find this on some guns as it can be a little thicker on the unit on JG/ASG/Well etc than on a TM. My soloution was buying a TM trigger unit just for the casing.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Aribos you're right, I was literally about to say I have discovered the problem....

I notice as I slightly untighten the screws at the end of the trigger mech only slightly, the trigger sear moves far more freely. The trigger mech is too tight for the upgraded trigger sear. There are 4 small notches (talking probably half 1mm in depth) I can attempt to file away that should free it up enough so that I can leave the gearbox screws reasonably tightened.

Cheers guys!

Comment

sounds like the inside of the trigger hasn't been filed or filed enough. There's a guide on their site in the trigger sear set description.

Comment

i solved my problem earlier with a few bits of duck tape under neath the front of the trigger mech now it fires fine

Comment

so shimming the front trigger screw solved the problem.

Comment

The front end of the trigger mech, the further screw away from the trigger - just loosened that slightly and jobs'a'good'n

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ace T.A.L.O.N Cambridge Find out more about Ace
                        Working...
                        X