TM VSR cocking problems. <broken gun>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM VSR cocking problems. &lt;broken gun&gt;

Here's a tip. If the stopper keeps falling out, a bit of eggshell foam underneath it while the trigger guard is still in place will generally keep it up in the bolt. Also, if the bolt refuses to go back in, it's usually alignment problems, the spring guide/piston or the teflon rings in the receiver that the cylinder assembly slides on. If any of those becom out of place enough, the gun has a hissy fit like that.

Just keep it in mind.

Nothing like a re-build, it usually sorts out problems in VSR's
    sigpic

Comment

Following on from this I skirmished her for the first time on Sunday and I was very impressed with her. She's not quite perfect but as my secondary weapon I am very pleased with the way she's hitting targets at range.

I think I may need to up grade the hop up as she is struggling to lift .36 BBs, but I digress...

Ever so occasionally, maybe twice or three times a magazine she has a bit of a feeding problem. After pulling back the spring and returning the bolt in place about 1/2 CM maybe 1cm before the handle is fully returned she will get stuck and needs to be pulled back and pushed back a few times to the handle back in place.

I'm assuming it's the piston head having trouble feeding the BB into the hop unit?

Am I right thinking this could be a magazine feeding issue (weak + worn springs in the mags) or something else? I have four mags, they look well used and came with the gun, 2 are TM 2 are clones of some sort. I'll buy a brand new TM one and try that, or perhaps it is another issue that is known?

I've gone through a lot of the pages of topics on here but can't seem to find anything similar. It's not a serious issue as taking out the mag and putting it back in usually solves it. (unless the enemy is bearing down on you in which case the extra seconds are pretty serious).

I don't think it's BB related as it was happening on guarder .36 and blaster .25s today. I have some .3 devils on the way.
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post

I think I may need to up grade the hop up as she is struggling to lift .36 BBs, but I digress...

Dangerwerx. Or Eagle 6 hop arms. That's all I need to say, I have the eagle6 early type (I think), best 15 quid I ever spent for my hop unit, lifts .4's with ease.

As for the rest, I'd just say it might be an allignment problem, however it may be the clone magazine tolerances not allowing the odd bb to feed properly.
        sigpic

Comment

DangerWerx B lever all the way!!!

As for lever not returning, this is common with 45 degree setup. You'll need to fine 1-2 mm away from the left side if the receiver where the cocking handle slots back in.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
          Working...
          X