Modding a vsr to an m40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding a vsr to an m40

I've taken a fancy to modding my vsr to an m40 variant. It's always nice to have something a bit different.

What would be the best way to go about this?

Google suggests there is a fortress m40 stock but it is widely regarded as a bit cr*p. not to mention extremely expensive.

Any suggestions?

Andy
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: Modding a vsr to an m40

Buy a Macmillan stock and fit the VSR in it.

Comment

If you want to mod a real stock, then it will have to be the Remington 700 short-action version if you want to fit the VSR-10 parts to it. If you go for a McMillan stock, then prepare to cry - as most retail for around £700 in the UK. I fitted one to a VSR-10 for a friend a few years ago, it wasn't a difficult job per se, but it took a fair bit of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
        If you want to mod a real stock, then it will have to be the Remington 700 short-action version if you want to fit the VSR-10 parts to it. If you go for a McMillan stock, then prepare to cry - as most retail for around £700 in the UK. I fitted one to a VSR-10 for a friend a few years ago, it wasn't a difficult job per se, but it took a fair bit of time.
        Yeah, I don't think so. Perhaps I'll bulk buy some green stuff from games workshop and just have at it...
        Originally posted by Coz
        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

There was a guy on here who was making some prototype wood VSR stocks. He was open to the idea of making an M40 stock too.
          sigpic

Comment

Macka, I am going down a simmilar route at the moment. Problem is with changing the stock that the mag well and all the groves and notches are very precise for a reason and allow to keep it the most stable. If you can find one i am going down the with a broken VSR stock and having cut the stock part off after the bolt rest and from there crafting my own out of wood/ resin with a bit of epoxy to gap fil parts. its taking me along time as its not priotiy for me but it seems to go together well and when i get it down i might change the outer surface of the front of it too making it more fitting.

But like i said i have gone with this because i want it to be as stable as it is in the normal stock. If you want to see what i mean take any of the 3 screws out of your stock and do some target shooting. soon see how important all those mounts and screws are.

Also dont get the Green stuff from GW its call Kneatnight or something like that and you can get a much larger quanitity of the brown type for a better price its not a smooth but then again green stuff is for miniture work so unlikely to need that level of detail.

Comment

If your going I get the m40a5 variant stock incliding the rail sustem that mcmillan doit's £589 shipped to your door, I have it planned on my m24, and they were extremely helpful in telling me exactly what they do for the us military to create the m40a5

Owner of DCS
              (Doom custom shooters)
              PM me for Custom work!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
              Working...
              X