Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

JG BAR-10 GSPEC Not Cocking Properly! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG BAR-10 GSPEC Not Cocking Properly! HELP!

OK, after spending hours trawling through the internet and these forums, I've decided I really just need to start my own thread as I can't seem to find a working solution in any of the other threads.

The problem I am having is:

My JG BAR 10 GSPEC Sniper is not cocking correctly, you can pull the bolt back smoothly and when it gets to its end of travel - it doesn't click to say its cocked. In other words, the sears aren't contacting the piston properly.

My setup is:

PDI Tightbore
    PDI Spring
    PDI Piston
    Teflon mod on Cylinder head
    Metal Sears (standard 90 degree)
    Standard cylinder.

NOW. The only thing I can think of (please let me know if this is logical) is that yesterday I clipped the spring (2-3 rings off the spring) to decrease FPS slightly and also make the bolt pull a bit easier as it was rediculously tight. Of course, this has made the spring shorter in its length so now when its installed with the piston inside the cylinder, the whole assesmbly isn't tight in there and can slide up and down the inside of the cylinder. I thought this might be the problem - but a lot of others seem to have cut their springs without issues.. so can anyone advise if this is the problem as its no longer working after putting it back together?

The piston has no obvious damage that would cause a problem, and neither do the sears (almost new sears). I've opened the trigger box and reset everything to make sure nothings gone wrong in there. I've also stripped the cylinder down again and checked that for problems but can't find any there. The trigger pulls as it should and the spring guide stopper goes in, but is very loose as it doesn't have the pressure keeping it in from the length of the spring (Have put some tape over to hold the stopper in)

SO, can anyone tell me if the length of the spring is the problem? It's the only thing I know has changed to take it from working to broken - so It seems logical as nothing else is jumping out at me...

HELP!

Thanks

Re: JG BAR-10 GSPEC Not Cocking Properly! HELP!

Assuming the spring is shorter id say its potentially the cause. Have you tried reversing the spring ?
    Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Ok.. I haven't; is that likely to help? Is there a particular end of the spring that should be in the piston?

Not overly experienced with Springers

Comment

Im only novice and afaik it doesnt matter because the spring is symmetrical is it not? Its worth a try to see if it helps. The springer i worked on was quite fickle and any abnormality in the spring length meant he piston didnt correctly align/engage
        Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Right, that's solved that problem.

Now to the problem that Its now developed of slam firing...

Just stripped and rebuilt the thing about 4 times.. sears are all in perfect nick (almost new) and full metal. Rebuild the trigger box twice and tried a spare set of sears with no difference.

It must somehow be the piston - but that's no in a bad condition either - I DONT GET IT!

Comment

Is it when youre returning the arm back it suddenly snatches it out of your hand? Weirdly enough the rifle i was working on slammed but stopped after i cocked it a few times. Again its fickle and its to do with the it all not quite engaging properly. Not sure what made it stop but i wish. Check the sears rent bent i took it down to tiny pieces and couldnt find a problem. It just stopped doing it :s
            Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Right. The spring, did you grind down and flatten the cut end? Then put the most coils towards the spring guide.

Secondly, re-built EVERYTHING. Pay close attention to the TEFLON RINGS inside the receiver that the cylinder assembly sits on and glides over. If there are out of place even a little, it can cause slam firing. Check everything, if the spring guide, piston, teflon rings or sears are just a tiny bit out of place the whole thing gets pissy.

Do these things then report back.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kagedwolf View Post
                Right. The spring, did you grind down and flatten the cut end? Then put the most coils towards the spring guide.

Secondly, re-built EVERYTHING. Pay close attention to the TEFLON RINGS inside the receiver that the cylinder assembly sits on and glides over. If there are out of place even a little, it can cause slam firing. Check everything, if the spring guide, piston, teflon rings or sears are just a tiny bit out of place the whole thing gets pissy.

was literally about to post this i just did a bit of reading. Do the above and if you have a plastic piston and /or spring guide; check for wear. Of you find any just turn it so the the mech will engage on a decent edge
                Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Originally posted by Kagedwolf View Post

Thanks for your post - this mornings report IS:

I have restripped everything, regreased everything that needs doing and installed a new full length (brand new) PDI spring so I can rule out the length of the spring to be the problem. Sears are all springing up as they should in the trigger housing - piston is clean and has no real marks on it to explain the problem. Teflon rings are in place, everything I can see is exactly where it should be.

It's an upgraded piston so has the metal parts on it where it catches - and no obvious wear.

Put it back together - still doing it. It seems to be catching more than before, but its still releasing and slamming forward. But its more of a definitive 'slam' than it was before.

I have a black plastic ring sitting in my hand that's come out of it somewhere - looks like it should fit in the receiver - does anyone know what this does and where it actually goes? I'm lost with this bit..

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

Also - if it is cocking, but then slamming forward - is it the piston or safety sear thats likely to be the cause?

Comment

this actually sounds like the piston sear isn't sitting high enough.

What brand sears are they? SHS sometimes need a little filing in certain places to be perfect.

Worst case, and mean worst case, file a little of the underside of the receiver where the front trigger screw goes in, about 1mm. This will help seat the trigger higher.

Also, are you still using the stock trigger sear spring? If so, this is weak and can give way with a high tensile spring. Replace this with a stronger spring. I use some from clicky biro pens. Note - it's the spring under the trigger sear that pushes it upwards.

Comment

Yeah i thought that, but it was absolutely fine yesterday so can't understand it...

Think they may be deep fire sears almost new...

Can try to replace the trigger sear spring if its likely to help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aaron-hill09 Find out more about aaron-hill09
                      Working...
                      X