Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

A little advice on lubing my cylinder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little advice on lubing my cylinder...

....answers with an innuendo please.

I'm waiting on some upgrades for my VSR and I was wondering what is considered the best type of lubrication for both inside the cylinder (on the pistol, spring and spring guide) and the outside. The cylinder itself is a Teflon coated steel. Internal parts are steel and aluminum.

Any suggestions would be great. I currently have white G&G gearbox grease and silicon spray/dropper bottle. Not sure if these are suitable.

Cheers!
    sigpic

Re: A little advice on lubing my cylinder.......

I use Castrol Lithium Grease for Car CV Joints internally.

Before I start I make sure everything is polished to the n'th degree, you want it nice and clean.

Dip the spring guide in the stuff, twirl the spring in it with a piece of kitchen roll and apply a THIN layer around the sides of the piston head (that contact the cylinder) with my finger, I mean so thin you can barely see it.

I then PTFE tape the cylinder head thread, and then spray the outside of the cylinder with Silicone lube.

Works a charm everytime... as for an innuendo, why not try using both hands, you can apply the lube twice as fast!
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Re: A little advice on lubing my cylinder.......

You shouldn't need that much lube its a Teflon cylinder, I use white lithium grease on my tm vsr. Best metal on metal lube

Comment

Re: A little advice on lubing my cylinder...

Cheers chaps! Well I have white lithium grease so I'll go for that. 'I Love Airsoft'...you didnt leave an innuendo.....
        sigpic

Comment

Boooooooooooo........bs!
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Lovely stuff.
            sigpic

Comment

Seriously. You take some of the thick white lithium grease and really squeeze it out all over the cylinder, then you add a drop or two of the clear silicon oil, not too runny, not too thick, then you gotta teasingly stroke it all over your cylinder. The results should give a smoother pull and the lube will help it glide into and out of the receiver hole and rub against the teflon rings with no resistance. I use this technique all the time and I've had no trouble, if all else fails, do it vigorously, but not too much cause then you'll get white stuff flying all over the place out and off your cylinder.

Hope this helps.
              sigpic

Comment

Have you tried using literature in order to aid/reinforce your technique? I've heard there's loads of niche stuff out there that gets right down to the chemistry of it all; its worth a try anyway. Just try and keep the pages clean, or next time you need to use it it you'll basically be getting sloppy seconds...
                Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
                Working...
                X