Asg ashbury 338lm sniper problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asg ashbury 338lm sniper problem

Hi guys, just got then upgraded a 338lm, put updated bolt with 150 spring and updated trigger system. My problem is when I cock the bolt and the rifle loads a bb, if I point it down just a little bit the bb rolls down the barrel and out the end. What could cause this?
    KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Re: Asg ashbury 338lm sniper problem

Sounds like, in my opinion, a bad hop unit not keeping the BB static. Could be wrong, don't know much about snipers.
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

Usually you havent aligned the hop up correctly, if you take it apart and re build it then it should be fine. Also try it with a little bit of hop up on and see if it does the same

Comment

If the bb just rolls out the barrel then the hop unit isn't doing its job. Check the rubber for tears and see if it's installed correctly, then check the hop arm and see it's not damaged in any way whatsoever. Applying some hop should stop it, but I'd rebuild just in case.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your reply guys, I was unsure due to the fact that during the strip down and upgrade I never touched the hop. But having said that I did have to remove a grub screw that is the hop adjustment and maybe I hadn't put it back right. Since your comments I have adjusted the grub screw and now the bbs don't roll out the end and chrono'd it at around 490fps +/- 10fps. Haven't had the time to have a good look at the hop unit yet.
          KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

theagitater Find out more about theagitater
          Working...
          X