Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui VSR-10 G SPEC upgrade issues

Stock GPEC FPS 285 FPS

upgrade parts from ASPUK (I felt this is pertinent as they make their parts - this isn't advertising their parts)

M150 Spring
    VSR EZ Trigger
    VSR Steel Spring Guide
    VSR Steel Cylinder
    VSR Steel Cylinder Head
    VSR High Engagement Hop Lever (B)

Later I bought an additional Laylax SP150 spring, and then an additional M170 spring from ASPUK.

Righto, to start with I am a bit of a novice (or at least I was when I started - now, I feel quite, if not very familiar and confident around a VSR) with modding snipers, so I had my airsoft engineer buddy help me out with all this.

He sat me down and we went through the process of stripping down the VSR and taking out the stock parts, modding the trigger guard for the EZ trigger mech, popping the upgraded parts in and reassembling it all back again.

Once we were happy it was all working, the next day I skirmished with it. I was a little disappointed to find it was 100fps shy of the 500fps it was supposed to be. So I packed it away, and brought it back for examination.

We stripped it down and had a look at it again. I bought a Madbull chronograph to do some home chrono'ing and we went to work.

I also got the ASPUK engineer involved (our discussions are still ongoing) and he gave a few suggestions which we tried out;
    • Strip, clean and re-grease the inside of the cylinder, use either TM Cylinder grease (blue tube) or opt for some thick silicon grease mixed with silicon spray grease.
    • PTFE Tape the cylinder head threads.
    • PTFE Tape about 3-4 wraps around the end of the hop bucking onto the inner barrel to create a better airseal.
    • Lube and or change the Piston O-Ring, various sizes available from Homebase Plumbing section.
    • Clean the inner barrel with cotton wool and water only.

Further to this list we tried adding PTFE tape to the outer barrel thread as well, I also read that dental floss worked well on the bucking instead of PTFE tape. All of which didn't seem to have an affect on my ever increasing FPS drop.

With the M150 spring I was achieving around 400 fps initially. This then dropped to 350 fps, consistently. The Laylax started out around the 380 mark and dropped to 330-340. The M170 started at 360 fps, but after I reseated the hop bucking last night to allow the air nozzle to sit nicely it went up to 396 fps, but for an M170 (which should be 550 fps at least) this is rubbish.

I've lubed (I've tried a variety of lubes; lithium grease, silicone grease, spray etc) and checked all my o-rings, they're all tight and sound. I could swap them out as a next step, but wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions first.

cheers.

Re: Tokyo Marui VSR-10 G SPEC upgrade issues

Sounds like air seal to me.
    1.How well is your cylinder head connecting with your hop rubber? (you also do not mention what rubber you are using)
    2. Did you change the o ring from the piston supplied with the EZ trigger with the standard one from the original piston (the EZ one is too thin/ loose as its designed to go in their own cylinder). the correct size is a BS115.
    3. are you testing with no hop/ enough hop to hold the bb/ fully on (or set correctly for your normal bb weight)- this will affect FPS
    4. are you chronoing with 0.2's? as your FPS is consistent with an eqivalent speed of a heavy weight (0.36-0.4)
    Real Sword SVD ¦ Cyma MP5K ¦ G&G GC16 M4 ¦ TM Hi Capa ¦ Tm MK23

Comment

All good questions, apologies for not being specific.

1) the bucking is the TM bucking. I was told this was good enough, I've since ordered Nineball bucking which I'll try this weekend when it arrives.
      2) the piston is an ASPUK piston that comes with the EZ trigger, the O-rings have not been changed on them, but I have since got a selection of new ones to try out.
      3) tried with no hop and with hop, it made no difference. I did initially think the same thing, it might be that the hop lever is too strong and is shaving off fps, but it's not.
      4) all chrono'd with 0.2 bb's yeah.

Thanks for the reply btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearz0r View Post
        2) the piston is an ASPUK piston that comes with the EZ trigger, the O-rings have not been changed on them, but I have since got a selection of new ones to try out.
        This is where i would look first. change it for the stock piston O ring and see how that goes. And yes the TM bucking is very good.
        Real Sword SVD ¦ Cyma MP5K ¦ G&G GC16 M4 ¦ TM Hi Capa ¦ Tm MK23

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fearz0r Find out more about Fearz0r
        Working...
        X