Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Bar-10 VSR - Located Slam firing problem but not sure where to go from here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar-10 VSR - Located Slam firing problem but not sure where to go from here...

Howdy,

My Bar-10 has started Slam firing. Yay. I've looked at many different potential problems and fixes and I'm almost certain the reason my rifle is slam firing is because of the shredded screw insert that connects the trigger mech to the receiver.

Unfortunately through no excuse than my own failings, I have somehow managed to shred the two points that you would screw the mech in - Thus when I cock the rifle, the trigger mech moves away from the reciever, moving the sears from the piston, snapping it back into place.

I don't really know what to do or even search for in an attempt to fix this problem. Slightly fatter screws? A new receiver? Is there any way I can remedy this without spending hefty amounts? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ace

Re: Bar-10 VSR - Located Slam firing problem but not sure where to go from here...

Edit, misread.

Sounds like you need new receiver. Someone somewhere must have one, a broken gun being broken for parts for example?
    Last edited by Trouble; 26 July, 2013, 13:16. Reason: duh
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Re: Bar-10 VSR - Located Slam firing problem but not sure where to go from here...

re tap the holes to 4mm and replace the screws.

Comment

Yes, best fix is retap holes.

I have also been told the reason for slam firing is that the piston is a sloppy fit in the receiver. Perhaps someone who knows could confirm or quash this?

Comment

the vrs trigger sear system has quite small tolerances for wear in the system ,if the sear wears just a little it wont catch the piston securely, if the bolt support rings (the plastic ring's in the breech that support the bolt) wear a little it will fail to catch the piston but in you'r case the whole trigger assembly is moving away from the bolt ,only 0.5 -1mm is enough to screw the pooch .so the solution must be to repair the breech thread's , look on ebay for a cheep m4 x 0.7 tap ,cheapest one will do as its only ally and replace the screw's with m4 screw's to match , should come to less than a tenner and its the only way other than replacing the breech.

Comment

Just to update I have retapped and Hex (I think that's what it's called) in the screws and no works a treat, no slam firing, and back to shooting beautifully, cheers guys!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ace T.A.L.O.N Cambridge Find out more about Ace
            Working...
            X