Frog Lube on VSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frog Lube on VSR

Postie just delivered a tube of Frog Lube. Was going to use it on my VSR, does anyone have any experience or hints and tips of use of Frog Lube on a VSR?

I don't have a teflon cylinder so am hopeful the FL is going to improve the action...
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Re: Frog Lube on VSR

Take bolt out, put lube inside receiver.

Take spring out, lubricate spring and piston parts. Avoid too much on the trigger/sears.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
      Take bolt out, put lube inside receiver.

Take spring out, lubricate spring and piston parts. Avoid too much on the trigger/sears.
      I was going to use it to clean off all the silicon lube first?

Then Frog lubricate it and leave it wet?
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

What you want to do, is wipe clean, and leave the parts out in the sun they get nice and warm. Apply a small amount to the parts, and leave to dry. Then wipe off any excess.

Then, use like normal lube

Comment

And then smell your gun as it will now smell DELICIOUS.

Im not even kidding, this isnt trolling, just smell the gun after using Frog Lube.

The stuffs amazing. Makes your gun work like a dream and smells like root beer. WIN.
          Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

I use Silcone atm along with the oil i use the greese, Youll have to let me know how you get on with this Trouble. will be intresting to see if you get much differnce other than the smell.

The cylinder guides white rings that support the cylinder play a big part in how smooth the bolt pull is make sure those are done. do you cover the fake open breech on the rifle? i find loads of crap gets in there before i covered it.

Comment

Just doing it now, not sure what it's made of but my hunch is seaweed. It's got that sort of smell about it.

Cleaned off the old silicone, as best I could (I don't have the Frog Lube cleaner just the oil). The parts are outside heating in the sun.

I'll make sure I do the plastic rings.

I only cover the fake breech with a scrim and old sack for camo more than anything. Good call though, probably worth covering with something more substantial.

Comment

All lubed. Yes, it is very smooth, bolt pull and return and silky, less effort required and when returning the bolt after cocking it's like butter.

Worth £20? Not sure, time will tell, but it's certainly better than Abbey oil that I have been using.

Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Out of interest, what type did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                    Out of interest, what type did you buy?

Froglube CLP? The liquid in a bottle not the paste.

Comment

Ah okay. I had the paste. One thing to note if you had used the paste, don't use it in winter, or gas guns that get a fair bit cold through use. As it goes hard in the cold!

Comment

HAve you found it has made a differnce after a bit of time trouble? i am still using my Abby oil/silicone greese and am happy with it mostly, but if it make a differnce i would try this.

Comment

One thing I did notice this weekend (used the VSR for half a day) was it didn't seem to pick up as much dirt on the outside of the piston. I don't have a teflon coated piston and I find I have to give it a light coat of lube and it's been prone picking up dust. Doesn't seem to happen with the frog.

It's definitely smoother as well, but is it worth £20 compared to price of Abbey? Matter of opinion. Mine opinion is probably yes.

Comment

I too am a frog lube convert. Both mb05 and pistol got the frog lube (liquid) treatment with the pre warming provided by her hairdryer. I've got to say I'm very impressed by the stuff. The pistol ran smooth as silk and the action on the long rifle was ultra smooth.

With conventional lube both would be covered in muck/ dirt/ dust after a day in the field; not so with frog lube. There was little or no change in performance during the day and I have no problem recommending it, using it or paying 20 quid for it.
                            There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
                            Working...
                            X