Warrior L96 upgrade from stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior L96 upgrade from stock

So I bought a warrior l96 second hand from a friend it's only been used a couple of times, took it out on a skirmish and while good it just didn't stand up to some other upgraded snipers. I have £100-£200 to upgrade and the main thing I'm looking for is accuracy.
    I've had a look at this forums sticky, and the www.airsoftsniperparts.co.uk
    They recommend a few parts like
    Ez trigger
    M150 spring
    Stainless steal high pressure piston
    8mm steel spring guide
    Aspuk metal hop

Couple of things I'm concerned about and got questions, they say the spring brings the FPS up to 500, that sounds great but I'm worried when using .30bbs that it will go over 500 FPS when I get it chronoed
    Also I want to improve accuracy and I heard that a 6.03tight bore barrel would be good but I've read about hop up changes and rifle barrels and I'm just confused on what to get

Thanks for your time

Re: Warrior L96 upgrade from stock

Trigger sears , piston sears , will be first to fail and then the bolt will break or get scoured once the power is put up .
    There are many threads on upgrading these guns , upgrading is easy . Reliable upgrading is what you want . Power is not everything a decent hop / hop setup is the first stepping stone , then sears , piston , bolt , and finally barrel . Use the search feature and you will find many hands on threads with pictures , videos , parts used .

Comment

Would I need sears etc if I get the Ez trigger

Comment

No, the ez trigger is a simple unscrew the old one and screw in the new one

Comment

Just also so you know, the heavier the ammo the lower the FPS. The 500fps an M150 spring can give you is based around a .2bb. If you use a .30 it will go down to more like 430ishhhh depending on your setup. Also, if you're going to upgrade to 500fps, I highly recommend using .36g+, preferably .40's. These will provide you with best accuracy and longer range which is exactly what you want. And to be honest, the EZ trigger isn't a MUST HAVE. It's great, but by using what you have you will still get alot of life out of it, just from upgrading the sears for about £20-£30 instead of forking out £100 for the trigger.

Comment

Cheers for the response
            Just so i know, how much difference does a 6.03 tightbore barrel make? is it essential?
            If i were to buy upgrades im just curious as to whats going to give me the range and accuracy and what can wait

Comment

Hop upgrade is the most important upgrade , then barrel , then reliability upgrades , then power upgrades .

Comment

with the barrel go wide not tight.
                6.05 is about the biggest consistent barrel in production.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

If you buy a m150 spring you'll probably need to clip it. My L96 does around 600 fps with a 150 spring so I use an m125 spring which gives me 480fps, it's a VSR spring so you'll also need the narrow spring guide if you go down that route. With a M125 spring your standard trigger should last ages as L96 triggers aren't anywhere near as bad as VSR triggers. I use a Prometheus barrel and pdi hop unit with a pdi hop rubber and it's ridiculously accurate at 60m. As already said hop and barrel are the key and with a good airseal you should get enough power with a lighter spring. I'd definitely go for .4g bbs though they make a world of difference even in a light breeze. Id also recommend some form of barrel spacer either bought or home made.
                  Good luck, you'll need a fair bit of patience getting things how you want them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

adam859 Find out more about adam859
                  Working...
                  X