Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG Bar 10 not feeding

Hey all.

Recieved this in a swap recently. Sadly it isn't firing.

Can't for the life of me work out what it is. I've got a little experience with bolt actions and everythings fitting together as it should. I've tried a second upper that came with it and I'm getting the exact same problem with that, which lead me to the conclusion that its an issue with the mags. However the seller assures me the mags are almost new, and they look it.

Is there anything Im missing?

Re: JG Bar 10 not feeding

Have you tried to loosen or tighten the body bolts that hold the gun part to the stock?

I occasionally have feeding related problems on my TM VSR, need to get the tightness 'just right'...
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

I have tried that bud with no results.

Could it maybe be that the magazine is sitting too low in the gun?

Comment

Could be, Have you tried pushing the mag up with one hand while cocking?

Does the bolt handle go back into place smoothly or is it getting stuck at the BB?

(Note, I am not a VSR expert, but have fiddled a lot with my Marui VSR)
        “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Have you tried turning it upside down without a mag in, and dropping a bb into the hop? Would show if it is a hop/bolt issue.
          My biggest fear is that if I die, my mrs will sell of my airsoft kit for what I told her I paid!

WANTED:- WE Hicapa and 1911 parts. PM me if you have anything to offer.

Comment

I'll give both those suggestions a go when I'm home. Cheers guys.

Comment

Originally posted by seven9zero View Post
              Have you tried turning it upside down without a mag in, and dropping a bb into the hop? Would show if it is a hop/bolt issue.
              Shoot it while hanging upside down from a tree would seem to be the easiest way to do that.

Does the bolt go back into place ok but it just doesn't feed a BB?

Comment

Bolt goes back in fine mate. Smooth bolt pull, no resistence when pushing it back in. That's what's confusing me!

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                  Bolt goes back in fine mate. Smooth bolt pull, no resistence when pushing it back in. That's what's confusing me!
                  Hmmmm, when I've had feeding problems you can feel the bolt catching the BBs but not pushing them in.

When you push a new mag in do you feel the mag 'opening'? Is the catching on the mag being pushed in to release BBs? You should be able to feel a slight vibration if it is.

Comment

I think the mag is releasing BBs mate, because when I remove the mag a bob drops out.

One thing worth noting is that I need to get a new mag catch for it. I'll put the mag in and I can't get it back out again!

Comment

had this a few times with clone mag's , the height of the wedge shape on the bb catch that releases the bb's is too low for the piece in the receiver that pushes on it , try cutting a piece of card about 1mm thick and stick on top of the wedge to raise it's height , use some weak glue that can be cleaned of easily , it's fiddly as the piece you need to make is tiny , it only has to work once to prove the problem . if it works then repeat the process with plasticard ( can be found at most model shops in various thickness's) and super glue but i'd recommend stripping the mag before if you are using super glue.

Comment

Okay mate cheers. Thing is the mags are Tokyo marui so I don't know if that would be the issue?

I tried dropping the BB into the hop and firing that way, and it worked. So I guess it means the mag isn't feeding the BBs properly?

Comment

Have you made sure the hop unit is screwed in correctly? Strip + rebuild often solves a problem.

This may be a dumb question, but is air coming out the gun when you fire it?

Comment

I'll strip and rebuild when I get a chance mate. Haven't yet since recieving it.

That's a good point, haven't even thought to check air seal! I will do when I get a chance.

Comment

there's so little to go wrong i still have my money on the bb release being out of spec for the clone gun , takes 5 min to test you don't even need to glue it in to test .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                              Working...
                              X