JG Bar 10 not feeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JG Bar 10 not feeding

Hmm okay mate I will give it a go then. I'm just doubtful as the previous seller said he's used it for a while and had no issues with the mags!

Comment

have you tried cycling the bolt whilst pushing the mag in?

Comment

Originally posted by sniper1982 View Post
        have you tried cycling the bolt whilst pushing the mag in?
        Tried this very recently and that worked(although it slam fired a couple of times!). Does that mean the mags aren't seating high enough?

Comment

Can't get my head around why pushing the mag up would cause the gun to slam fire?

I very occasionally have this miss feeding issue on my VSR, usually just take a push up of the mag and it's good until empty. I've always put it down to old mags, weak springs, worn out BB release catch.
          “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
            Tried this very recently and that worked(although it slam fired a couple of times!). Does that mean the mags aren't seating high enough?
            if pushing the mag up help's then it is exactly what i described , its not engaging the bb release catch properly and need's the extra thickness i described added to the ramp.if there is too much play or wear in the plastic rings in the breech that support the bolt cylinder then pushing up could cause slam firing as you'd be pushing the piston away from the sear.

Comment

Hmm okay bud.

I am having a problem with my mag catch. The spring popped out so I replaced it with a v2 gearbox spring(as recommended by a local tech). Ever since the mag catch hasn't worked properly, so I'm gonna guess that that is related to this issue. If that doesn't work, I'll try adding some bulk to the ramp. I'm just reluctant to do a bodge job, which knowing me it would be!

Comment

The original issue could be simply from the front stock screw not being tightened up enough.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                Working...
                X