Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with my tm l96

Hello

Sorry if this has already been covered but I did search and nothing came up and there does not seem to much on line.

Basicly I would like to fully upgrade my TM l96 over a period of time so I can so cost of the upgrades doesnt matter.

Could any of you expereanced sniper techs give me advise on what parts I need and what I should avoid or parts that are not compattable with each other.

Im new to sniping so would really appiciate a point in the right direction

Many thanks
    Sharpy

Re: help with my tm l96

I own an upgraded TM L96. With a TM spring bolt action, you will need to replace the following with steel/reinforced parts in order to run a higher fps setup than the stock 300 odd: spring guide stopper, trigger sear, piston sear, spring guide, and piston. Truthfully, if you wish to run near 500fps (which some sites will allow as a maximum for bolt actions) with consistency and reliability, you're going to want to replace the cylinder, and cylinder head also. Hop bucking, hop tuning, and chosen inner barrel are also essential for an accurate setup. As for parts, I personally run Laylax (cylinder, cylinder head, piston, spring guide) with a cut down PDI 140 spring (gives 445fps), Diamond Ring trigger and Piston sears (the piston sear is VSR compatible, but the trigger sear is propiatry), steel cylinder stopper ( VSR compatible), a KM Head 6.04x500mm inner barrel with a fire-fly hard hop bucking. The Laylax parts are good, but if money is not a problem, go For a PDI Palsonite cylinder set with a PDI v trigger and PDI spring (all the best quality parts to run a consistent and reliable set up at any chooses fps excluding the barrel and hop rubber). If those parts are too expensive (come to ~£550 before shipping), then I would recommend Aspuk (English brand) internals. Much cheaper than Laylax, and similar in quality if I'm honest. As for barrel and hop, I'd recommend the barrel I have (KM head), however I hear good things about the Laylax 6.03 aswell as the various PDI barrels for the rifle. Hop rubber, firefly hard type bucking for VSR (it takes a VSR type bucking), or a nine ball bucking which are now harder to get hold with. I hope this all helps. Feel free to PM me any questions or post them here. I'm sure I've missed plenty, but I'm very tired right now

Comment

Ideal many thanks
      Have just put a large order in for

Aspuk steel cylinder, cylinder head and piston

Diamond trigger sear and laylax piston sear

M130 spring

Only thing I cant seem to get hold of at the moment is a hard bucking so ill just have to wait untill they come in stock somewhere.

I didnt order a barrel yet so I can do a bit more reserch on what bore is going to work best with this setup.

I also failed to put the spring guide stopper on the order so Ill run the original one and replace it when it fails which Im guessing wont be too long.
      The only thing that Im a wee bit concerned about is that I went with the steal cylinder, not the teflon coated one so I know there will be more friction on the piston but will it have much of a negative impact on the whole setup?

Cheers for the great advice

Sharpy

Comment

One other thing I'd order - ASPUK Metal Loading Ramp for TM L96AWS. Mine plastic one died, so I replaced it with the ASP one and it's been pretty good so far - not a single misloading.

Mine is running at 400fps with a Laylax piston, PDI130 spring and SHS piston sear. Next thing for me to upgrade is the barrel and hop, then I'll be replacing the cylinder, / spring guide stopper / cylinder head for a 450fps+ upgrade.

Comment

I mannaged to get one about a year ago from a modle company in tokyo when I first got this rifle bu I have noticed that sometimes for some unknowen reason a bb will fall out of the loading ramp and cause a jam.
          Also how accurat/ concistante have people found they can get these rifles? On par with vsr?

Comment

On a total random note, I'm almost certain I have one of these loading ramps in my box of parts...thought it might fit the Ashbury back when I had it. If you can't find one, drop me a PM
            sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Cheers dude but so far I seem to have sorted it by fillig a bit off the two halves so they sit closer together but thanks any way

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sharpy Find out more about sharpy
              Working...
              X