Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Tokyo Marui L96 AWS Spec And Upgrade Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui L96 AWS Spec And Upgrade Help!

Hi,

I'm struggling to find information on upgrades for the TM L96 AWS on the market now or in the near future.

I've looked at a few of the PDI upgrades such as the VC and HD precision cylinder sets, the 6.01 inner barrel and the v-trigger. however, i dont really understand the difference with the VC and HD cylinder sets from PDI. I would like someones help on the differences between them please.

Could anyone tell me the FPS of the stock TM L96 and whether or not it is a good sniper overall as i am soon thinking of purchasing it.

I would also like to hear people's opinions on the TM L96 AWS as well as anyone who has used or owns a TM L96.

Anyone's help on any upgrades and info about the stock spec of the TM L96 would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Re: Tokyo Marui L96 AWS Spec And Upgrade Help!

Originally posted by TM Sniper View Post
    Hi,

I'm struggling to find information on upgrades for the TM L96 AWS on the market now or in the near future.

I've looked at a few of the PDI upgrades such as the VC and HD precision cylinder sets, the 6.01 inner barrel and the v-trigger. however, i dont really understand the difference with the VC and HD cylinder sets from PDI. I would like someones help on the differences between them please.

Could anyone tell me the FPS of the stock TM L96 and whether or not it is a good sniper overall as i am soon thinking of purchasing it.

I would also like to hear people's opinions on the TM L96 AWS as well as anyone who has used or owns a TM L96.

Anyone's help on any upgrades and info about the stock spec of the TM L96 would be much appreciated.

thanks.
    Hi TM Sniper

Right ill start off by saying I owned a stock TM L96 since they were released in the UK, it is one of the best stock sniper rifles I have ever used. Range is good, hopup system is fantastics and the magazine loading system is awesome. I should cover about 50meters easily. (If you want a 2nd opinion speak to Guardsniper as he has used mine)

Right PDI parts - the main difference i think between the two type of piston is Quote PDI Website
    VC Piston needs a little longer time to airproof than HD Piston.It is the difference (Velocity) between them
    Basically the HD piston will be more consitant from the off than the VC however the VC should have the better seal once it has been used abit and be more powerful.

As i said above the TM L96 is awesome as a stock sniper - i would give it 9/10 overall, only reason it gets 9 is because the FPS is abit low which is around 290/310 (Been awhile since i chronographed it).

And finally I purchased all the available PDI parts for the TM L96 - The V-Trigger, Pasonite Cyclinder Set with the HD piston, V-Trigger, End Screw, The 140ms Spring & the 6.01mm tightbore barrel. Simply put it made one hell of a difference to the guns overall performance. Unfortunatly I have only shot it in my garden which isnt massive but it did make a moderate size whole in a Vimto can from about a meter away. Best set of upgrades I have ordered, you can easily see the quality and how much better it is to the stock TM parts. Just so you know also you have to do alot of filing on certain parts of the gun - as noted on the PDI website.

If you have anymore questions PM me.

Comment

Ok thanks so much Avatar ! That has helped me a great deal and I appreciate all the info about the gun, PDI parts and your own opinion about everything.
      thanks very much avatar !

Comment

I to am thinking of getting one im just curious with the upgrades you have done to it how much did they all cost please? .also what was the final FPS ? and do you think the range has improved or not realy?

many thanks

shooter

Comment

Originally posted by shooter1990 View Post
          I to am thinking of getting one im just curious with the upgrades you have done to it how much did they all cost please? .also what was the final FPS ? and do you think the range has improved or not realy?

many thanks

shooter
          Hey Shooter

Tbh i cant really help you much. The upgrade parts cost me around £430 with import tax and customs charges. I ordered them from Japan.

To list the upgrades:
          • PDI Pasonite HD Cyclinder Set
          • PDI V-Trigger System
          • PDI 140MS Spring (13mm)
          • PDI 6.01mm Tightbore Barrel
          • PDI End Screw

And as with FPS and Range - i have no clue as I havent been to anywhere large enough to test it or with a chronograph. Wont be able to get a chronograph reading for about 2weeks or so. But it did as i said in my previous post make a whole in a Vimto can, it also made a nice dent into a solid piece of wood.

Comment

Just remember if you do buy one and then upgrade it, make sure you know what your doing, i made that mistake i brought the PDI upgrades and tryed fitting them myself but i broke the BB loading nozzle so know my only hope is to get one from TM themself, and since they dont talk to anyone outside japan, its gunna be very hard to get replace parts.

Just bare that in mind so you dont make the same costly mistakes i did.

Comment

oh ok thanks for the heads up matey

Comment

just watch that part in general,i know of others who have broken this piece ,leaving the gun unusable until an aftermarket piece is made.
                its whats put me of getting one
                user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

yeah i agree its a big put off but i dont know if the problem is being caused by an upgraded cylinder or is it just simply an upgraded spring ?

anyway the best route of upgrading the TM L96 in my opinion has to be the Laylax parts as they dont need pretty much any modification to install and they will fit nicely into the stock cylinder.

also looks like we are gonna have wait a while for an upgraded loading nozzle then eh ?

Comment

Yea i'm in the same boat waiting for this loading nozzle, Ive e-mailed PDI before asking them if they will be releasing one, but they said they wouldnt, ive got toyko models to enquire about getting me a replacement part, but toyko marui havent replied yet.

But i must say if i went with the Laylax parts i wouldn't be having this problem.
                    Last edited by Joshy-R; 11 April, 2010, 21:18. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Would anyone like to buy a second hand TM l96? I have a thread open at the moment, im happy to take swaps or anything between £240 and £280.

Here's a link to the thread http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=59674

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TM Sniper Find out more about TM Sniper
                      Working...
                      X