Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui L96 AWS not cocking

Hey all.

Recieved a Laylax upgraded TM L96 AWS on here in a swap. I recieved it in the knowledge that one of the trigger sears needed replacing. I managed to find a bargain Laylax zero trigger on here, and after fitting that the gun still does not fire. The trigger also doesnt return to the original position after pulling. Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

I also tried fitting a PDI replacement sear into the original trigger box, and that doesnt work either.

What else could it be? Could it be my piston is worn down and needs replacing? Any help appreciated.

Re: Tokyo Marui L96 AWS not cocking

Don't you have to have a 90 degree piston like the VSR to use the zero trigger?

On the stock trigger box, it's usually the Piston sear at fault. Not the trigger sear. Have you checked for wear on the piston?

Comment

I have had this on one I worked on before, if it's got the full cylinder kit in it you need to go in that far as to remove the cylinder assembly, once you have this out the cylinder can be unscrewed to remove the piston and spring, at the rear of the spring (effectively the spring guide) screws together (flat round plate and pin with thread on it) these don't come loctited together and if it has become loose and unwound slightly this will stop it from cocking
      And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Cheers for the reply guys.

HuntR, the gun came with PDI sears and the seller just told me that the 2nd sear needed replacing.

Cheers Spatch. Sounds like this could be it. I don't feel confident going into the cylinder though so will take it to the tech!

Any explanation for why the trigger isn't returning to original position after pulling?

Comment

Not sure on that one, has it got the original trigger block in or an upgraded unit? I would suspect one of the little springs may be either broken or missing if the sears have been changed it may have been missed out on reassembly
          And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

It's a laylax zero trigger mate. Only had about 400 rounds through it!

Comment

HuntR is correct. You can't just swap from 45 degree sears to a 90 degree trigger without also swapping from a 45 degree piston to a 90 degree piston. If you want to use that trigger, you also ned to order yourself a 90 degree piston. I'm not saying that is definitely the entire problem with your rifle, but you definitely need to fix that before you go any further... Good news is, I believe PDI make the pistons so you can just swap over the steel end, so you just need to replace the end of your piston (hopefully). Google "Piston End For New Trigger" - 2500Y or £14.
              Trader Feedback:
              New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
              Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
              Working...
              X