Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G&P M870 short breacher spring and otherupgrades ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P M870 short breacher spring and otherupgrades ?

Hi Guy's
    Just got my lovely new G&P short breacher in the post and already Im thinking about upgrades.
    Iv seen the 150% and 190% piston sets which include a spring but can I just buy a spring to upgrade it ?.
    Its doing 280 fps at the moment and Im thinking of turning it into a sort of sniper so I could go as high as 450 fps if I wanted to.
    Iv seen the adjustable hop mod and I will be doing that.Do I need a tight bore barrel or are these guns pretty good as standard ?.
    Any advice would be apreciated as I am new to shotguns and G&P.

Thanks
    Si

Re: G&P M870 short breacher spring and otherupgrades ?

Hi Si,

The spring is a specific length and inner dia, if I recall rightly maruzen L96/APS2 springs can be cut down but if you don't get the length right the piston sear won't engage.
    You can get 400fps out of these but the higher you push the fps the more strain and greater the wear on the internals which are devilishly difficult to replace. I've found either the piston cracks on one side, the pump lock rounds off or the sear breaks if you use a high fps spring. Some ACM makes have a piston with metal reinforcements but they are very hit and miss. Hop nub can wear out too at high fps but you can get the replacements now.
    Off hand aren't G&P inner barrels on these 6.08? The only two companies that I know of that have done tighter bore inner barrels where Sherrif and ANGS both long out of production. If you slide the barrel off and there is a grub screw over the hop you only need to tap the outer barrel and fit a longer grub screw and your done. if it's the plunger type thing more work needed.

General advise don't try and turn it into a high power sniper you run the risk of trashing hard to replace internals, try it in a game or two first and see what the range is like already.

I love my spring 870s they are perfect back ups as they are reliable and deadly accurate.

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Wow thanks for the in depth reply Chris.
      I shall bow to your superior knowledge and give up on the sniper idea.
      I would however like to up the power to nearer 350fps if that can be done without stressing it.
      If it going to be a lot of work for sod all benefit I will leave it as is.
      Thanks again
      Si

Comment

Actually if you crack open the mech box you might find you have all steel internals, I notice G&P released some along side the new chargers. Maybe go for a piston type A if that's the case and see what fps you get. Come to think of it I may have one someplace, if I do will chrono and let you know. If you want help with disassembling or just want to know how to do it just drop me a PM. There are a couple things you can do to get more fps but not sure how they work with the g&p parts but I know they work on maruzen.Alas my knowledge is hard earned from running most of my stuff over ten years.

Nothing like picking off snipers with something compact they didn't know you had...like this:

Comment

Thanks again Chris.
          I have a three month guarantee so nothing will be done untill thats run out.
          After that I will do the hop mod and have a look inside.
          No doubt I will be asking you a few questions.

Si

Comment

Thought I'd stick my problem on here as it basically the same. Mine is firing about 380 and need it below 350. Shall I just clip the spring and if so how much?
            Thanks

Comment

Mine was doing 360ish but now Iv stuck an aeg barrel in it its dropped to below 350.
              I had to do some modifications to the barrel and some bodging to make it work.

Si

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sigee Find out more about sigee
              Working...
              X