X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R hop Fps question

Hi,
    Sorry it's long.

I have put a rhop on my L96 it's got a afternarket hop up to use aeg barrels.
    Basically I have fitted the rhop cut nicely to size so it's flush with the inside and outside and filed the leading and trailing edges.
    I have then used a few drops of flexible superglue to hold it in place before smearing rtv silicone over the barrel and putting on the bucking (de mounded)
    After leaving it to dry for ten hours, I have wrapped dental floss over the bucking (not over where hop is applied) and installed it into the hop unit.

With every thing back together I get a fps of 460 with my hop screw out so no hop (tdc mod) once I put the screw in and tighten it down a bit I get 540 fps this carries on happening up to about 600 fps.
    Fps is consistent.

Does anyone have any clue what so ever. This is the second barrel I have used and both yield the same results I'm at a loss as to what's causing this to happen.

I will put a few hundred rounds through it hopefully tomorrow and see if anything changes but does anyone have any clue as to what's happening.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Re: R hop Fps question

You're wondering why the FPS has jumped?

I've been told by someone who had a large experience with modding sniper rifles (I had the same issue) it's because the BB resists movement more when the hop up is set higher and the pressure builds up behind before it moves off.
    It basically means you have more pressure, a quicker acceleration and more energy transferred into the BB.

I'd suggest changing out a spring with lower power and using buffers if you need to to get it closer to your site limit. Once you have the hop set perfectly try not to touch it or change the setting again.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Thanks, I had a thought it would be this but wondered why my aeg didn't do it. I also thought it happened the 1st time partially do to a crap barrel :D

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, Did you manage to get your L96 sorted, I am about to fit one in my gun and am wondering if it has given you better range and accuracy… thanks..

Comment

Hi, Yes I got it sorted and it's worked really well I believe the accuracy is better than before and so is the consistency

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice one, what barrel are you using, I was thinking a 6.01 Madbul

Comment

I wouldn't go with one that tight. I have a 6.03. Apparently the tighter the more the better the close range accuracy but long range suffers. You can get wide bore barrels now but they will drop you fps. Have a look around at what's available the zci barrels are very nice for the price of them

Using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Richard_severn Find out more about Richard_severn
              Working...
              X