Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K SVD issues.

Hello,

I've done what research I can, but I'm come up short! I have fitted the airsoftpro.cz parts, pretty much the full set, to an A&K SVD. It functions, but the FPS has stayed very low, given the power of springs I have fitted.

I've used a variety of springs, including a 190 - it only generated 400-520 FPS (with a very wide separation between the various results). From what I can tell, the compression of the piston is solid but I believe air is leaking in or around the hop unit.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers for reading,

Daniel

Re: A&K SVD issues.

Might be the rubber or bad hop up unit. Check or replace the piston head. I too have an A&k svd but completely std ex the hop up unit. No problems whats so ever

Comment

Re: A&K SVD issues.

Thanks for the advice - been posting about this on other forums, the gun is more or less in shape now.

The issue turned out to be with the replacement piston and hop up unit. I had damaged both parts, with the anti-reverse feed bb coming loose and notching the new piston head.

I replaced the hop-up unit and used the stock piston and this solved my issues. I've since installed their gen-1 upgraded piston as the gen-2 seemed to also be a bit quirky when interacting with my trigger unit.

The new hop-up unit has been sealed with a small dose of PTFE and is functioning well. It's been one heck of a learning experience, but a good one!

(Had to spend one morning of a game trimming down my 150ms spring to get the gun even below 500, but I've just stuck a 140ms in there now to save worrying about whether my gun has suddenly gone hot for some reason.)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gretik Find out more about Gretik
      Working...
      X