Barrett m99 shooting to the right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett m99 shooting to the right?

So as I mentioned, this gun shoots to the right. It doesn't curve to the right so it's not the hop up, no matter how much I adjust my scope this still happens and the scope is fine because I tried it with my eotech replica too.

Had this gun for about a year now but only just got round to fixing it. Any ideas on what this could be would be a great help.

Re: Barrett m99 shooting to the right?

Barrel could be warped, or even misaligned. Try removing your inner barrel and roll it along a flat table top (let your hop up overhang to save taking it off). If it seems to bow as it rolls, it's warped/bent.

If not, offer it up to the outer barrel, see if there's any play inside. If the inner barrel can move inside the outer, you'll have to secure it.

Failing that, your gun could possibly be slightly warped. Worst case scenario, if it fires off to the right, but straight, you could shim one side of your scope so it lines up with the trajectory.

Comment

I haven't a clue how to remove the barrel on this gun. Can't find any tutorials on YouTube either which doesn't help. There is about 3mm of play in all directions at the end of the barrel though. How abouts would I go about sorting that?

Comment

One you work out how to strip it, a few wraps of electrical tape at either end should lock the barrel down nicely.

Comment

Alright, done th at. Barrel doesn't move at all anymore. I'll try putting some shims in place and I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow when its light.

Comment

Do you mean it was shooting to the right AFTER you had locked the barrel down?

Comment

i had one of these and in transit the box must have been dropped because the whole outer barrel had bent to one side pulling shots off, after stripping i found the bend was on the holes around the outer barrel as in goes into body had to re jig it back carefully then all was fine

Comment

Any deviation in the barrel will act as a hop.
                Once stripped, make sure that the exit has no burrs/deformatty.
                sigpic
                "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SuperNova Find out more about SuperNova
                Working...
                X