Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slam Firing

Hey guys,

I am looking into possibly buying a Ares MSR 338 but after research I am put off by people saying they are having slam firing issues nearlly straight away.

The fix sound to be atleast £100 on top of the current cost is unreasonable.

This will be my first spring sniper and I have never had a good time taking guns to pieces to fix them.

Any advice on the gun or should I just go for something else?

Re: Slam Firing

Option 1: risk it. I wouldn't. I've heard this story about the ares myself. Airsoft is a weird market where we readily buy products that we know are not likely to be fit for purpose just because its cool. I own a KC02 that needed about the same cost again as the price of the gun to bring it to a standard that i'd call playable.

Option 2: Learn about spring action tech. They are a fair bit more straightforward than AEGs, but if you really don't have the aptitude for it there's no shame in it, we didn't all get into airsoft to become engineers. However, my observation of guys who play with bolt action guns is they all have to be heavily upgraded to really gain the advantage that outweighs the low rate of fire and the MED.

Option 3: If you really want this gun, you may have to suck up the cost and pay a professional. With this you gain some degree of peace of mind.

Option 4: Go simple. There's a reason everyone has VSRs an L96s. Perhaps buy one ready upgraded from a reputable seller here or from zero-one themselves.

Comment

Yea I think I could get a pretty amazing L96 for the same price range. I dont have much spare time to mess about with trying to take one apart so I guess best go for option 4. Thanks bud.

Comment

Good choice buddy. I've worked on an Ares MSR and although it looked the business the internals weren't up to much.
        I had to do some pretty extreme dremel action inside the trigger box to get it working.

If your set on starting downthe sniper route do as said and go for a vsr/bar or l96. Doesn't matter if it's second hand, you'll want to mod it anyway.
        Using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jeddy Find out more about Jeddy
        Working...
        X