TM GSPEC barrel size/noise question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM GSPEC barrel size/noise question

I have a TM gspec which I have upgraded with an aspuk piston, m150 spring and spring guide and have noticed (unsurprisingly) an increase in noise. I have filled the hollow spaces in the stock with foam and have stuck a sorbothane pad onto the cylinder head as a damper but it has not quietened appreciably.

I have seen elsewhere hints that increasing the length of the barrel to match piston output can decrease the noise? Is this true?
    I have the standard tm 303mm barrel. I think I'm right in saying I can get a 430mm in there with the silencer to hide it but I am reluctant to do so as I believe it means I have to drill the end of the barrel? I don't really want to do this unless it will make a decent difference in noise reduction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ps also I don't really want to go longer than 430 as I was to keep the overall length of the gun the same.

Re: TM GSPEC barrel size/noise question

The G spec piston has an airbrake on it to reduce the noise, however the ASPUK doesn't as its a flat piston. is the sound more or a snap/pop from the muzzle or just general noise from the rifle? (on a side note, upgrade the sears ASAP if you're using an M150 Spring)
    The clown has no penis

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention I bought the zero trigger with the piston with steel sears built in.
      I think it's a bit of both, the snap of the bb leaving the barrel and the noise of the piston hitting the head even with the sorbo pad
      And My fella has a well mb06 which seems much quieter than my vsr, strangely though at distance I can hear his 'report' more clearly than that of the VSR

Comment

ahhhh ok, good choice.

A decent suppressor( homemade or bought) should reduce the snap of the muzzle. In regards to the mechanical noise, I had a similar issue and done the same as you, filling the open areas with foam etc. One thing worth mentioning is that you could go down the wide bore barrel route, this will help accuracy at the powers you're using and will likely reduce the muzzle profile.
        The clown has no penis

Comment

Also no matter what you do there will allways be more noise because the gun is firing harder and faster and the piston is moving faster and as a result there is more noise - nothing ur gonna do about it unless you go gas and use a suppressor/reduce the fps
          -Wardeneo-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Suemoo Find out more about Suemoo
          Working...
          X