This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

as the HK and chinese factories have been closed mate, people are forced to get the laylax and deepfire sears , and they go out of stock

there are other retailers in the uk , hobbies of action .....

there sears are really good as me and aribos both have them with hhigh pressure red pistons and holding and great

Comment

They're out of stock too, Tried them, HK retailers seem to be struggling to keep them in stock too.

Almost enough to make me switch to gas!

Comment

stick with spring mate ,

and try supporting fire also , and try calling them and zero 1 , as they may have a set on the shelf , if not , you will have to wait to upgrade the power and go for airseal and accuracy

Comment

I was sensible, Did hop barrel as well as homemods, Got a consistent 415 fps.

Just conscious of the JG sears letting me down one day and at that point il probs go for a little more power, only up to around 450 though

Comment

you dont want a VSR or clone running at 450 fps ,

if you can keep it the fps you have it now , with a tightbore , maybe edgi .03 , hop rubber , firefly or deepfire, and piston , laylax red piston , or deep fire rim piston

the gun will be fine , aslong as you keep checking the sears mate everytime you lube and clean , you will be ok

Comment

could someone please tell me what fps a stock Maruzen l96 trigger system will live for until the fps is too much for it to handle please?

thanks

Comment

I am only running TM .04 tightbore so there is room for improvement, Also got the TM precision Hop chamber which works fine.

A piston is something i imagined i would get in the future but with the lack of sears spring guide and piston might be called for

Comment

BADAS , the sear system in the maruzen l96 will take 400 -450 before giving up the ghost ,

migwar- leave the .04 in and the hop chamber , try a firefly hop rubber inside ,

and get the piston and spring guide after doing the sears , then will be covered at all angles ,

Guard

Comment

just a question but does anyone know if there are any makes that do barrel spacers that will fit the standard bar 10 barrel as its tapered. like larger ones for the start and smaller ones for the end?
                    Originally posted by BALBOSA
                    yeah thats what i was talking about my tactical warfare official gay card
                    Team: Treadstone
                    Armoury: AK-47, M4, L96, MEU

Comment

Barrel spacers mate yes for the bar 10 laylax do the tapered versions
                      look on zero ones site they may have them

Comment

Alright guys, please feel free to delete if you see fit, but I feel that this is something quite valuable, as I haven't seen it elsewhere!

I started using heavier ammo, and as such, my VSR would not hop enough to get the BBs to travel any great distance!

My solution.. a biro, a craft knife and some superglue!

My hop arm was the one that comes with newer VSRs and the uprated hop unit. Instead of a flat bar, it has 2 prongs, as follows..

Quite simply, I cut a slither from a biro cartridge, ensured it was square, and chopped it in half! From there, glue onto each prong, et voila!

If the two prongs are now different lengths, use a nail file to match size!

The only downfall that I have found is that you cannot fine tune to the same degree as the same few clicks will mean that there is a lot move movement in the hop arm, but I would rather some adjustment, than no other choice

Comment

So ive jsut finished most of the external work on my vsr and im really happy with the results.
                          One thing i would like to ask though is how to remove the end cap of the barrel, i would like to keep it intact if possiable but i dont mind having to doctor it a bit as im getting a silencer adaptor for it anyway.

So, with the external almost complete in looking to the internals now.

Im hoping to get as much range and accuracy as possiable for a limit of 328 fps / 1 J as its the legal limit in N.I.

Im thinking of:

Twist barrel ( If i can find one) or 6.03 tb
                          1j spring
                          Barrel spacers
                          Nineball/ firefly rubber (again which one i can find)

I dont think its worth upgrading anything else, although suggests welcomed!

Questions i have (round up of the above):

1. How to remove the cap on the barrel
                          2. Twist barrels, Worth it?
                          3. Nineball or firefly hop up rubber and i believe there is hard and soft so which one is best?
                          4. Any other sugestions?

Thanks for reading, input will be welcomed!
                          Originally posted by Teddykiller
                          I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

i have no personal experience but have heard twist barrels are not so good as a performer as normal tbbarrels on rifles over 350fps.

as for hopup rubbers, depends on fps of rifle, anything over420fps i have been told to go hard rubbers, personally would go for madbul red or firefly

good luck

Comment

if in ireland you are limited to 1J
                              you will get the best results from a twist barrel at 328 fps (1J)
                              at the 1J limit you will be getting much better results with the twist and a new hop rubber if you want to go that step further.
                              i'd also buy a few more barrel spacers as well.
                              i think firefly will give you best results with a twist barrel.
                              i would also if you want to put a silencer on go for a socom silencer.
                              i know you can get a CA one from FS.
                              i think Z1 also do the tm socom silencer.
                              they actually work a little bit!
                              hope this helps
                              JM.
                              Originally posted by parky
                              If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

so soft rubber as i stated my limit is 328, also the comment on twist barrels isnt too hepful either as ill be at 328. I have done a lot of research on them and seems that 328 is the best fps for them and they do a good job, just wanting another opinion or two.

edit: thanks jmusa
                                regards to the silencer, im not actually going to put a silencer on it. It will be a flashhider/ compensator as i love the look
                                Originally posted by Teddykiller
                                I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X