This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

The twist barrels will give you much better performance at 328 fps (1J) than a tight bore barrel will.
    i soft firefly hop rubber will then give a bigger boost to performance.
    sorry if i didn't make myself clear
    JM.
    Originally posted by parky
    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

Your post was really helpful! i was replying to the post before you btw
      Originally posted by Teddykiller
      I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

ok thanks mate.
        good luck with your upgrades
        JM
        Originally posted by parky
        If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

i was woundering what the best way to get rid of my piston making a massive slap everytime i fire it? ive put piston dampers on it but there do nothing
          g&p magpul m4 with dd mk18 ris
          socom od meu 1911

Comment

sorbo pads

Comment

Originally posted by strettman View Post
              i can't get the damn flash hider or what ever it's called on the end of the vsr, any tips?
              Get an old t shirt or rage put the rag on the thing u want to unscrew then use pliars to un screw it
              "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
              Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Try to undo the end cap the right way

But make sure you can get grip otherwise will be like a slippery eel

Comment

When i cock my VSR, the spring seems to rattle. What could be the problem?
                  TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
                  TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

If it is a new one mate I needs to bed it

Or if second hand the spring needs replacing or check the spring guide

Comment

Can someone post pictures of the tool that comes with the vsr to remove the muzzle cap?
                      I would use pliars but the area there is to grip is about 1 mm and i cant see me getting muct traction off that.

Comment

It just screws off mate

Make sure that your hands are dry or using fritcion fill material to grip it and just turn

Comment

Yea, but there is nothing to grip against. only the flat face of the muzzle and about 1 mm around the edges. I know its screw off but i cant get it off any method i try.

Comment

Could it be left handed thread?

Originally posted by Metalbody
                            pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Tried both ways, just seems to be really tight.

Comment

Firstly, this is the first time I have read through this thread in a fair few weeks, and although I don't claim to be any sort of expert with VSR's, even by my standards some of the advice in here is near diabolical.

Please people - don't take this as gospel!

You'll find some much better info on more established forums such as Arnies or ASR, there is a lot more credible info on there

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                                If it is a new one mate I needs to bed it

Or if second hand the spring needs replacing or check the spring guide
                                Secondly, @ Guard - if you're replying to the post above (it's useful to quote the questions you are answering for future reference ) then that's just not true at all. (sorry mate)

A 'rattly' spring suggests that it is slack inside the bolt. As a spring wears (or 'beds') it gets even less taught and more slack, so that would mean it would get even more rattly.

So...@ Waltherface - In my experience the stock VSR springs seem wobbly inside the bolt and cylinder. The best explanation for this is because they are weaker and thinner and are less tight in the bolt. If it is a stock spring you're running then it's normal - you'll find a more powerful spring will reduce this problem. Alternatively you could put some washers under the spring guide.

If not, you may find that you're spring guide is a little loose, or the wrong one for the spring - for instance PDI springs are thicker. If it is a ball-bearing spring guide tighten it up.

Other than this, I wouldn't worry about it, most VSR's will do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one other point that I have randomly picked out:

@ hopewell

What you've done there is very important. The Marui hop arms have two prongs, unlike the JG ones which are flat and better! Alternatively 'Nickswimsfast' on ASR makes acrylic ones which are brilliant

Although I doubt you have thought of that all by yourself, as the 'biro' idea is very common knowledge, I do agree that those pronged hop arms are a big issue and are the cause for a lot of hop issues in VSR's - as they are uneven on the hop rubber and produce little hop for heavier bb's.
                                Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X