X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

ok, is it a stock barrel you have?

you should be getting about 60 metres with a nicely set hop and 0.3's atleast with that setup.

goodluck

Comment

Hey guys quick question about upgrading my VSR....

With these upgrades will I need an upgraded spring guide?

Also with these upgrades which Tightbore Barrel should i get specifically?

Laylax (PSS10) High Pressure Piston
      Laylax (PSS10) 150 Spring
      Laylax (PSS10) Steel Spring Guide
      Laylax (PSS10) Piston & Trigger Sears

Also is there any further upgrades that are ESSENTIAL?

Cheers all!!
      My iTrader:
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103714

sigpic

Comment

go for the laylax 6.03 inner barrel

your will need an upgraded spring guide as the stock one is too thing for a 150 spring as it would just be bouncing about on the guide / bending in unwanted places risking breakage of internals.

no need for any other upgrades par the inner barrel really.

Comment

This one good?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=3728

Right okay brill thanks matey now just to source one??

Cheers for tha buddy :P
          My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

they are in stock on zeroone's website :S

id go for the longer one if you have a silencer long enough to cover it.

i got better range and accuracy from a laylax pro barrel over a gspec one

Comment

Darkwolf: they should be OK for some time, but eventually parts will give. You will need to look at investing in a laylax spring guide stopper, and cylinder head as soon as you can really, because if something breaks when you're firing it can break other parts too!
              I have the Laylax 430mm 6.03(i think) tightbore, and its pretty good. On another forum I use there was some extensive testing on how the length of the barrel can increase/decrease accuracy, and their conclusions were generally anything over 350mm won't change accuracy, but can change fps. Most people believe the longer the barrel, the greater the accuracy, but this is NOT proven in airsoft (the longer the barrel, the more minute inconsistencies that can alter the BB's hop effect possibly?)

Migwar: If you haven't got any PTFE tape: get some. This stuff is the stuff of gods. Wrap it around where the hop rubber joins the barrel (this will increase your hop as well as your air flow). wrap it around the threads of your cylinder head as well (thick, but not so thick that you can't screw it back on! Make sure that your cylinder head is screwed on AS TIGHT AS POSSIBLE without breaking anything.

With a sniper rifle, you don't necessarily want higher FPS. The only thing FPS does to a sniper rifle is make the shot more painful/feel-able by the person you shoot. The higher your fps, the further you shoot with a .2 sure, but the accuracy dies, so you swap to a heavier BB and your range decreases again but your accuracy has increased again. It is a vicious circle, and theoretically, you can make a 350fps sniper rifle shoot out to 70m. (Practically though, it isn't very easy)

So why do some rifles fire further? Its all about the smoothness of your airflow through the rifle, and around the bb. The better your hop system, and the tighter your overall air seal of the gun, the further your bb shall go. I also recommend testing as many BBs as you can. people rave over .28 Super grand masters by Maruzen. i can't stand the over-priced things and instead go for Tan Guarder .4s which I would place my life on, i love them so much.

To test the air seal of the cylinder is simple. Strip the gun down so you are holding the trigger, receiver and cylinder section in your hand. Cock it, and put your finger over the cylinder head. Pull the trigger, and your piston should move half way down the cylinder and then STOP, because you have trapped air in there. If not, then you know that you are losing air through the cylinder head. PTFE the begger.

When you've done this, put the barrel back on and take off the outer-barrels endcap. Do the same, but put your finger over the inner barrel and fire. Again your piston should stop. If it doesn't then you know you are losing more air through the hop rubber connecting to your inner barrel (also possibly the cylinder head to hop connection- but thats difficult to sort, and usually doesn't lose you too much.).

When I do the second test, the piston slows down and i get a hissing noise for roughly a second before it hits the end of the cylinder. This, though, still gets me 495 fps (each and EVERY shot) on a 150sp spring. I have PTFEd the hop rubber as well as the cylinder head threads, and thats it. I can hit targets out to 70m on half hop with .4gram Bbs.

Other things to PTFE include the metal "prong" that the hop arm revolves around in the hop unit. Do this, and it is stiffer to move, meaning that the BB doesn't move it as much when the BB travels through the hop unit, meaning graeter consistency between shots. Also, the outer barrels of vsrs tend to have some rotational give. Mine rotates quite badly, so not only have i PTFEd the outer-barrels threads to the receiver, but also I've put PTFE on the grub screw holding it in place, meaning the grub screw is thicker and therfore almost "jamming" the outer barrel in the correct position. This also increases consistency (and for me, i have lost the right-hand curl on my trajectory).

(The final thing i shall mention, but not instruct upon, is for real veteran snipers who know what theyre doing. AEG people may also know of this as its more common in AEG guns, and that is volume-matching the air in the cylinder with the air in your barrel to prevent air (or lack of it) "sucking back" the BB)
              Last edited by Rogue9; 25 April, 2011, 15:42.
              Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

hey guys I have just put my LAylax parts in my cylinder as mentioned earlier, thats spring guide, sp 150, hi pressure piston and put PTFE Tape on the cylinder head also have replaced the stock sears for laylax ones. Now my problem is, I have put it all back together, I go to put the cylinder back in and nothing happens, ie nothing catches therefore being able to pull the cylinder stright back out :S so am rather confused any ideas il do my best to describe further unless its a simple click this or push that...

Cheers
                My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys I have just put my Laylax parts in my cylinder as mentioned earlier, thats spring guide, sp 150 spring, Red hi pressure piston and put PTFE Tape on the cylinder head also, I have replaced the stock sears for laylax ones. Now my problem is, I have put it all back together, I go to put the cylinder back in and nothing happens, ie nothing catches therefore being able to pull the cylinder stright back out :S normally something catches on and able to then cock it, so am rather confused by this as every thing seems fine. Any ideas??? il do my best to describe it further unless its a simple click this or push that...

Cheers
                  My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

take the trigger mech off, looks at the front sear and does it spring its self back into its original position once you pull it back?

other sear moving as normal too?

Comment

Right ok well It looks fine it springs back alright :P
                      I managed to get it back in the spring guide stopper was really hard to put in, I put it back in nether the less and it is EXTREAMLY hard to cock it if it cocks at all.... I managed to cock it then shot an it was the most pathetic noice i have ever heard any ideas now :S

Cheers
                      My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

ok, have you lubricated the bolt and insides(inside of bolt/cylinder needs to be minorly lubed)?

Is it the pink/red high pressure piston inside a standard cylinder?

Comment

No I havent lubed it yet as I wanted to check it id work before lubing to save getting my mucky paws all over the parts :P
                          And yes its the Pinky/ red high pressure piston in a standard cylinder ??
                          Cheers
                          My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

Thanks to all for the advice.

My cylinder has zero pressure when fired. stripped it, The O-ring had split. I had a spare. compression is a lot better but not quite perfect so going to source more O-rings before progressing onto the Hop ( TM precision and tightbore)

Comment

Yeah I've heard GOOD things about the TM precision, was meant to pick one of these up, but until mine dies on me there aint too much reason.
                              When you do put PTFE tape on the hop unit, don't put too much on, otherwise the unit won't close properly and it'll get jammed in the outer barrel. And when you try and force it out you'll instead just snap parts of it off by mistake *sighs*

NOT heard such good things about the Laylax gold hop unit.
                              The barrel that comes with the TM precision ain't too good either (I think its a 6.05?!) Probably a better quality than the stock barrel though.
                              Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

I only really used the TM barrel as it came with the Hop -up. I never really used the original bar 10 barrel. But i found it good for consistency. In one game managed 3 head shots in a row at around 45 meters.

I am sure a greater quality inner barrel would be better still. i.e. a 6.03

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X