X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

Originally posted by DARKWOLF1298 View Post
    No I havent lubed it yet as I wanted to check it id work before lubing to save getting my mucky paws all over the parts :P
    And yes its the Pinky/ red high pressure piston in a standard cylinder ??
    Cheers
    You want to use a stock TM piston o-ring on that upgraded piston as the one provided is piss poor, lets so much air get past it.

The upgraded piston teflon rings may be marginly too wide too as i experienced when i put one into my stock TM cylinder. Simply evenly sand the teflon rings minutely intil it is running smoother, you should also notice it's easier to cock and high fps but but careful as you can end up taking it too far and blowing £30 to £35 by sanding off too much.

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys :P
      Another problem :S my nice new shiny Laylax 6.03 inner barrel has arrived today :D
      problem when it comes to the disassembly I the outer barrel is stuck as in I cant take the outer barrel off?? any ideas muchly appreciated??
      Cheers
      My iTrader:
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103714

sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4QnL67MMSM ^^^ 1:20 mine is rock solid.... he just unsrews it no problems ??
        My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

I saw this problem before, and it is common with the JG bar 10s moreso than the vsr10s. The only way i found to fix it was get two monkey wrenches on it, using damp cloths to prevent scratching. There is STILL a risk of destroying the threads though, unfortunately :L
          sorry buddy, i cant think of anything else.
          Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Booo not good! :'(
            thanks for the reply thou :p
            My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

on some of the newer models there is actually a fastening screw under the scope rail..

so you have the small + headed screw that he shows you to undo, then there is a smaller hex style screw under the scope rail holding it in place

have a look if yours is a newer model or older

Comment

could be two screws, one under the 20mm scope rail and in the reciever underneath it

don't go wanking it of with pliers uel have no threads left

Comment

• Aha thank you!!!
                  I took the rail off, it unscrewed no problem...
                  Now just to get the barrel through the silencer as it's too thick to get past the silencer attachment :/
                  Cheers
                  My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

you need to drill the centre hole of hte silencer adapter a little bit so its wider for your inner barrel to fit through

Comment

Hi all, great thread even with all the digs flying around ,

Do anyone have a link to a standard teardown for the TM VSR10 Pro, I want to remove the standard spacer (I assume that's what's up the outer barrel although I bough the gun second hand so may be an upgrade).

Also, I have one set (2) laylax spacers (I know know reading the thread) that people recommend 4, but the outer barrel is not parallel, it's tappered down to the front, so how do the spacers fit securely? Currently I have just forced one past the thread at the front of the barrel for inner barrel stability.

Also the Laylax nozzle and teflon cylinder, very tight fit, csrews in a turn then as if it is about to cross thread (telfon on the inner threads too thick)? suggestions?

Any suggestions/diagrams/relevant links and answers appreciated :D

Thanks,
                      Triss
                      Last edited by Triss; 7 May, 2011, 19:10.

Comment

1, its the same as the g-spec guides found on youtube mate, look for tm vsr disassembly guide.

2 for the pro tapered barrel spacers you can actually make the smaller ones from electrical tape, nice spongy action and if done proparly will act like the laylax ones..

3, tight fit is good,lightly go over the teflon inner thread with a brass wire brush to loosen the coating, wipe clean then grease but put a small bit of grease on the thread to make it nice and smooth when threading in, also if they are both new parts it will take time for them to perfectly and smoothly mate together.

Comment

Thanks for the help GS, I have actually sent the cylinder and head back to Z1 to look at, it was extremely tight, even using the correct tool it wouldn't go in, no cross threading or such, feels like wrong pitch as it screws in partially (about one thread) very smooth and then practically stops. Apparently they should screw in relatively easily up to the seal.

Just in case anyone thinks I am totally mechanically inapt - I have been an aircraft mechanic for the majority of my working career and have built/raced motorbikes which have stayed in one piece (until I crashed them)

Anyone else seen this issue with new Laylax kit?

Comment

dont let them have it mate, will be worse or wont tighten at all,

are you 100% sure that you brought the pss10 range :P

Comment

lol, Thank mate but too late, most of the PSS10 set :| zero trigger, barrel, barrel spacers, etc etc.. geez this hobby can get expensive..

Oh btw does anyone know what the grub screw that comes with the zero trigger is for?

The large O ring sits on the piston I have been told - does seem to fit in to the cylinder snug enough but flaps around like nobody's business on the piston itself in the groove at the front.

Cheers.

Comment

Recently bought a new O-ring for my PSS10 from B&Q bought the assorted 3/32" and one in there was a perfect fit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X