This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

Ok guys be playing around with the parts tried all combos with new and old parts still snap fires put all the stock parts in and it's fine so could it be the cylinder as the piston seems to be slipping off the sear gear would the stock cylinder be a slightly bigger dia than a up graded one. Cheers gaz

Comment

right ??

so with the upgrade parts it slam fires .....

with completely stock rifle is works fine.

so if the sears are new, check they are installed correctly- but check there is not any chipping or missing lips on the sear, and also check the trigger mounting screws to see if they are threaded or worn, if they are worn the trigger mech will bounce down so they wont catch the piston at all,

if they are fine, check the piston for wear on the catchin lips, if its worn get a new piston,

Comment

cheers,

Comment

what piston did you use? and does it initially feel like it has caught the piston when you have cocked it?

Comment

It's a. Laylax piston crazy thing is if I try to use the steel spring guide with all the stock parts it still will not lock when the bolt is pulled back feels like it's not catching the sear gear it's driving me crazy spent £100 plus on up grade parts and I can't use them

Comment

your spring guide sear isn't loose / falling about is it?

Replace the white piston tip with the grub screw and see if its working then.

Comment

Cheers will try it

Comment

The steel spring guide comes in two parts: make sure that they are both screwed together tightly, perhaps use ptfe tape on it to make sure they DONT come apart when screwing the cylinder head back on (it can happen: happened to me!)
                  Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking the same as Badas almost, what colour piston did you buy? orange or red? maybe there is an incompatibility betwee the piston and the sear that catches it. the orange piston is only for the zero trigger (or the catch that's in the zero trigger) the red is compatible with the std trigger mech. I wonder if there is a problem with the amount that the piston/spring or guide lets you pull the cocking handle back, maybe it doesn't come back far enough to catch?

PS. let us know what effect the grub screw has.

Comment

I just got my tm vsr (non g-spec) and wanted to upgrade it but not spend my entire bank balance on it.

What are the upgrades that i should make first that will make the most difference in my range / accuracy?

I was thinking about getting a laylax tightbore first, but have no idea where to go after that.
                      Thanks for any help.

Comment

Have you read the thread

If not do so and will answer your questions

Comment

I agree with GS. I shall tell you this:

Tightbore. 120sp spring. PTFE tape. 420fps with reasonable accuracy.

But now you need to actually read the thread to understand the consequences of only installing these parts, and to figure out what the hell PTFE tape is.
                          Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Just need a little advice from a vsr owner. I recently purchased a tm vrs10 g spec and have fitted a 150 spring,laylax red piston+spring guide a set of pdi sears a daiki stainless spring guide stopper silent damper pads and a firefly har rubber. Now the rifle doesn't seem that bad to cock really but it seems slightly stiff pushing the bolt forward! Is this just due to it being upgraded? As I have double checked everything I can think of and everything seems ok and nothing is fouling. Do you need to grease the outer cylinder?Or will this just act as a dirt magnet. What grease are you guys using in the cylinder it's self as I used abbey silicone grease, was this correct?

Comment

• Hey mate, yes if every thing looks okay it is more than likely the upgrades as they need time to bed in thus making it easier to cock over time. ( I thought just the same with mine) if you have gone from standard spring it is a big difference in resistance when cocking it :p
                              With regards to grease abbey silicone is okay. But you would be much better off with White lithium or Teflon grease which you can get from the bay to the E quite cheap
                              Apply on your cylinder, unfortunately it is a dirt magnet but if you clean and re grease after every game it shouldn't be an issue
                              Hope this helps
                              My iTrader:
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103714

sigpic

Comment

sounds like the spring guide is fouling the cylinder?

Originally posted by Metalbody
                                pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X