This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

Can anyone shed any light on the different cylinder heads? I have tried getting a replacement for the marked one I have, both have come have tapered threads. Where can I get a normal one from?
    YouTube Channel - Airsoft Sniper videos
    http://www.youtube.com/user/coldy30

Comment

Thanks for the response,
      If the spring guide stopper is fouling on the cylinder do I need to get out my old friend the Dremmel and take a little off of the spring guide stopper ?

Comment

Hi there, I'm a bit confused about what parts can go with others, so can anyone tell me if this set up would work for my VSR-10?:

Laylax 150SP spring
        Laylax Teflon cylinder
        Laylax Z-trig and piston
        Polarstar cylinder head
        Polarstar spring guide

Thanks for the help!
        Originally posted by psirus101
        I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Originally posted by MiloXC3 View Post
          Hi there, I'm a bit confused about what parts can go with others, so can anyone tell me if this set up would work for my VSR-10?:

Laylax 150SP spring
          Laylax Teflon cylinder
          Laylax Z-trig and piston
          Polarstar cylinder head
          Polarstar spring guide

Thanks for the help!

yeah this would work, lease you have the sears and piston the same make

make sure you clean and lube the cylinder head oring librally, as polarstar ones are hit and miss

also make sure the spring guide is the same dia as the spring ie 7mm/9mm

Comment

Originally posted by scott_minimad View Post
            yeah this would work, lease you have the sears and piston the same make

make sure you clean and lube the cylinder head oring librally, as polarstar ones are hit and miss

also make sure the spring guide is the same dia as the spring ie 7mm/9mm
            Thanks, do I have to buy trigger and piston sears seperately then, or do they come with the piston and trigger? Thanks.
            Originally posted by psirus101
            I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

I think i know what i'm doing, but i'd just like some confirmation from the more experienced VSR techie's here.

I've just got hold of a JG Bar-10 G-Spec. And for obvious reasons i'm looking to upgrade it. Now... My site limit is 350 with every gun. So i know i won't need new sears, and spring guide stopper.

However, would i be best off getting a new piston and spring guide. As the original ones don't look all that well made. I know i'm not pushing the limit's by using a low power setup. But would the original parts still not do it's task efficiently. I have a spare stock piston and spring guide also, but they are so cheap i couldn't care about wasting those.

Comment

I'd say you should be fine to leave the rifle stock tbh. The piston will wear down eventually but you have a spare.

Same for sears, they will wear down but nearly as quick as if you'd be using a metal piston. I'd stick with what you have tbh.

If you want to use heavier ammo then you might want to wrap the hop unit to pack it out and get the extra lift requied for heavier bbs.

Comment

I'll see how it handles as it is on the field then. And then buy upgrades as needed. It's not my first build however my last build i went all out and bought a Zero Trigger. "Why" i have no idea as it appears i didn't need it.

Cheers for the advice on the hop mod. I didn't do it that way before i just built up material on the hop arm. I obviously did however PTFE the back end of the hop rubber with the barrel to get a better seal.

Comment

Right, so i have a PDI 6.05 G-Spec length barrel on route, with a MAG M100 and a MAG M110. I also added an SHS steel trigger sear to the cart as it was only 6.99USD.

So now i'm left with barrel spacers. I'm unsure which to get. I'm edging more toward the PDI ones as i have a PDI barrel. But they aren't the easiest things to source. Does anyone know if the PSS10 G-Spec ones fit with the PDI barrel.

Also i'll be picking up a stock TM piston sear from Z1 as i don't have trust in the JG one.

Comment

I have based the guide on First Factory’s Laylax parts, there are many other replacements that could be used which I will try my best to go over at the end of the parts guide. Laylax are a personal preference as they are readily available parts that most retailers stock, and are very much some of the best concerning bolt action rifle upgrades. The receiver is the part that the bolt slide inside of. Go onto Z1 and type "Smokey's Precision Aluminium Receiver" into the search bar - that's what the receiver is.

Comment

I have taken the plunge and ordered the Laylax G-Spec ones. As they were available in the U.K so i don't get stung 3 times by customs this way. Only do for my scope and my barrel.

When it all arrives i'll let you know if it all fits properly

Comment

hunter, the laylax ones will fit very snuggly on the PDI barrels

if they are too snug use a bit of silicone oil/grease to make them supple and push into place,

ideally you would want a solid spacer along the whole barrel :p

Comment

Cheers. That's the advice i was looking for XD.

Ideally i was going to make one, but knowing my luck i wouldn't do it correctly and potentially ruin my barrel. I did however buy 2 packs, so i'll have 4 spacers. It shouldn't turn out to bad as i bought a G-Spec length barrel. I didn't want to extend one into the silencer as i have plans for making it quieter. I don't know if you've seen inside a Bar 10 silencer but it's different to the TM ones. It doesn't have foam ring's it has a pipe like inner tube with holes drilled into it. So i'll be getting some cotton wool or high density foam sheeting to muffle the sound a little.

Comment

Yeah the best bet mate, wrap cotton wool around the tube and pack quite abit in there
                              this will give a really dull thud, then get the Laylax dampened cylinder and the Laylax piston

Will be silent as hell mate,

Also the barrel spacers should be fine at four, as will have a few mm gap between each one set at stages

Comment

I've ordered the cylinder pads but are leaving my piston stock for now. The only reason i didn't get the Laylax spring guide is because i find it makes your spring make a twang noise.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X