This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

One thing I have found with my BAR-10 is that the 2 main stock bolts are very easy to round out, even when using a well fitting allen key.

I'd recommend going to a hardware shop and getting some M5x30mm stainless allen headed bolts before you round them out. They shouldn't set you back more than £2 for 10 or so.

I say do it before the bolts round, because once they do it'll cost you at least £8 for a allen head extractor.

You'll also need to cut one down for the forward-most bolt. When doing this, ensure you thoroughly de-burr the bolt. If you don't, you more than likely strip the threads out of the hop unit, which will suck.

Comment

I sell M5x50s for 15p each. :P Go to the right shop and you can save money. Also, if you do mangle the threads in the support bridge between hop unit and stock, then you could secure a nut to the back of the bridge, there's plenty of room for it.
      Definitely do it before you round the head though, good advice. Also, they only provide 2 screws I think for the scope mount base. Might want to pick up a couple of extra to eliminate any movement.
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Im thinking, what silencers would work on the TM VSR G-SPEC?
        Because i don't like the one that came with it.. I want it bigger, better and more badass.
        TM VSR-10 GSPEC
        Originally posted by aeviv
        I once saw a guy LITERALLY club a tree with his G36C, not a mark on it

Comment

I think there is an adapter, and then you can use any silencer. I think pdi do an adapter.

There aren't many silencers about that will just fit on a gspec, if any.
          Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

to be honest mate . why would you wann adjust the g-spec silencer as it is amazing anyway

but i think you can get the end cap from laylax or can get the thread adaptor for the silencer ,

or you can create your on over barrel silencer as a few people have done

Comment

Hi guys,

I've been referring to this guide constantly while attempting to help my younger brother upgrade his rifle. I've started to help him improve the accuracy of his rifle (a JG bar10) by changing the hop rubber and fitting a TB barrel/spacers.

Today I took the barrel assembly apart to investigate how it comes apart and fits together again, I had a guarder improved AEG rubber, and hastily assumed it would fit not realising that VSRs have their own type of rubber

I've began to reassemble the barrel, but I'm having trouble getting the hop chamber to close around the rubber. I think I've reassembled it correctly, positioning the rubber on the end of the barrel, and pointing the "fin" of rubber towards the hop arm so it sits over the space in the barrel.

1) Do VSR hops make use of a nub or rely on the arm to apply pressure? His seems to be missing one, can you use the biro trick to make a temporary one?

2) When closing the chamber around the barrel, the hop rubber seems to be to tight to close the chamber but it must fit some how. After all I've managed to take it apart...

One thing that concerns me is after taking the barrel apart and looking down it, I wasn't convinced the hop arm was actually even pressing into the rubber and applying spin perhaps missing the nub I mentioned earlier :S

I know its not the easiest to explain what I've done, but I can draw a diagram if you need any further explanation. Any help with this would be appreciated, I think my brother is a bit gutted I've "broken" his rifle before the weekender and before leaving the country for a week!

Comment

ok

. on the hop rubber is there a piece or two small nubs on the inside of the hop rubber . if yes they go inside the hole in the barrel which is already cut out .

and check the arm slides up and down correctly as it might just a been a non seated movement bar .

also check that the hop rubber nub sits in the hop arm hole all the time as u re install.

this should make it easy to re make the hop unit aslong as u follow the bits to go where guide . and remember all the bits go back in it should be fine

Comment

The two groves that would usually line the barrel with the rubber? Sadly this rubber seems to lake them... This rubber can only really be described as a plain rubber ring 1cm or so wide with a "fin" a few millimeters tall on the outside, there might be a small indent in the inner of it, but it doesn't seem to line up with anything.

The arm does move, but doesn't give a great amount of movement, it seems to be missing the nub, which until now I assume the "fin" on the rubber acted as.

I've thinking either I've not aligned and sat the rubber correctly, and I'm missing the nub, which is stopping the enclosure tightening (entirely likely) or perhaps I'm seating the barrel to far back towards the feeding area.

As you said, it came apart, it should all go back in. I just don't want to apply to much force to make it all fit.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

no the fin you reffer to is the actual guidance fin for the groove cut along the barrels length . the nub on the inside of the hop rubber is moulded to the inner wall, and this sits in the cut out section on the barrel

Comment

Thank you I've worked out which way I'm putting the hop rubber on now. The main issue I'm having now is getting the chamber to seal around the rubber again.

The "fin" locks snugly into the side of the chamber, with the arm pressing into the rubber. The issue seems to be when closing the top two screws that hold the chamber halves together, the bottom of the chamber opens.

You can see the hop rubber and the groove in the barrel through the two halves at the bottom, where the adjuster arm would sit, but getting that gap to close seems very difficult atm. I suspect it might be due to the hop rubber sitting between the two halves? I've tried slowly adjusting each screw to evenly add the pressure, but I must be going about this the wrong way.

Do you happen to have any advice regarding this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Widgit View Post
                        Thank you I've worked out which way I'm putting the hop rubber on now. The main issue I'm having now is getting the chamber to seal around the rubber again.

The "fin" locks snugly into the side of the chamber, with the arm pressing into the rubber. The issue seems to be when closing the top two screws that hold the chamber halves together, the bottom of the chamber opens.

You can see the hop rubber and the groove in the barrel through the two halves at the bottom, where the adjuster arm would sit, but getting that gap to close seems very difficult atm. I suspect it might be due to the hop rubber sitting between the two halves? I've tried slowly adjusting each screw to evenly add the pressure, but I must be going about this the wrong way.

Do you happen to have any advice regarding this?

Thanks
                        Wrap a bit of ptfe tape around it to fatten it up and get a better clamp.

Comment

Sounds like you're not pushing the horse shoe in as you put the hop unit halves together. The hop unit is meeting all the way along before you start to screw it down yes? The horse shoe I refer to is what stops the BBs from flooding backwards into the cylinder space when you cock it. It doesn't like sitting in it's groove on it's own, you have to keep it there as you close the hop unit.
                          sigpic
                          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Well, my brothers TB came today so I tried mounting the hop unit on that. For some reason it was much easier to fit, and the hop mounted fine. The horse shoe wasn't in the way, I poked it upwards from the bottom as i pressed the halves together so it'd ping into place.

The rifle is still missing the hop nub but tbh I'll be ordering a new rubber for it ASAP anyway. I reckon the one on there now has had it. Although its hard to say when firing, the amount of back spin that's being supplied is negotiable.

At least for the most part my brother has a rifle to use for the weekender, and if he receives the spacers and new rubber I've got a good chance of fitting it in the day or so I'll have. I don't know why I have the habit of choosing to do airsoft surgery at the last minute...

Thank you everyone who commented on this issue, you've been a great help!

Comment

this is a brilliant thread

i'm wondering, how much does it cost to upgrade a TM VSR10 Pro Sniper to 500fps, using the laylax parts u've suggested?
                              Originally posted by Fenriz
                              Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

Google is your friend...

But being nice, I'd estimate around £230+ from inside the UK...
                                Trader Feedback:
                                New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                                Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X